Animatronic singing icon of virginal, Anglo-Saxon beauty Taylor Swift may not go in for all that feminist poppycock, but she does dig (get it???) gardening and Dolly Parton, according to a recent Q&A in the New York Times Magazine. The singer also revealed her anxieties about her, um, evolving career, explaining that, while success is great and everything, she can't shake many of her insecurities:
Some days I totally appreciate everything that's happening to me, and some days I feel everyone's waiting for me to mess up. I've always been really, really aware of my insecurities, really, really aware.
Also, fucking hipsters:
This guy [I was dating] was just, so, so cool. It kind of gave me a bit of a complex for this album, because he was always going on and on about this new band that was so cool because they were so underground. I have so many indie bands on my iPod. What I don't really understand is the attitude that if a band is unknown, they're good, and if they get fans, then you move on to the next band.
Seriously. Why can't everyone just fess up and admit that Neil Diamond is the greatest singer/songwriter of this or any generation? [NY Times]
- Speaking of Neil Diamond, Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez, forever in blue jeans (okay, Taylor Swift's were on the darker side), went out and talked intimately about their mutual ennui. [Mirror]
- After 25 years of blissfully sticky years pouring sugar on each other, Def Leppard guitarist Vivian Campbell and wife Julie Campbell are splitting up. [TMZ]
- Speaking of divorce, Marc Antony is something of an aficionado — he has to pay ex-wife and former Miss Universe Dayanara Torres a tidy sum of $16,500 a month in alimony and child support. Thanks for rifling through celebrities' garbage cans, TMZ! [TMZ]
- Lindsay Lohan so does not want to have an awkward relationship with her 17-year-old half sister. [TMZ]
- Zactastic Efron was spotted pumping his own gas, wink, wink, say no more, say no more. No, really — that is all that happened. [HuffPo]
- Take a gander at these eight photos of bearded Tom Hardy, complete with half-smoked cigar accessory. [Buzzfeed]
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson may be tentatively back together, but can they ever really trust each other again? And can Stephenie Meyer hurry up and pen some more Twilight books that can be made into movies that will give K-Stew and R-Patz a reason to stay together? Forever? And ever? [HuffPo]