Hugh Jackman: Most likable male celebrity? Or most likable HUMAN MAN CURRENTLY LIVING? Like, does this dude ever do anything despicable or gross? As far as I can tell he's just incessantly razzle-dazzle-soft-shoeing around Hollywood being handsome and hilarious and totally into his wife. Highly suspicious. Anyway, Jackman opened up to an Australian magazine about the time his mother packed up and moved back to the UK when he was 8 years old. (She sent a telegram the following day to give the family a heads-up that she was never coming back. Thanks, mom.)
"The thing I never felt, and I know this might sound strange, I never felt that my mum didn't love me. I've spoken about it at length with her since and I know she was struggling. She was in hospital after I was born suffering from post-natal depression.
"There wasn't a support network for her here."
..."There comes a certain point in life when you have to stop blaming other people for how you feel or the misfortunes in your life. You can't go through life obsessing about what might have been."
DOOOOOOOD. BE LESS CHARMING SO I CAN RELAX FOR A MINUTE. [News.au]
Kelly Clarkson says she's rebelling against her Republican DNA and voting Obama:
"I've been reading online about the debates and I'm probably going to vote for Obama again, even though I'm a Republican at heart.
"I can't support Romney's policies as I have a lot of gay friends and I don't think it's fair they can't get married.
"I'm not a hardcore feminist but we can't be going back to the 50s."
No quibble with your politics here, Kelly. Yay, gays! But plz advise re: the difference between "hardcore" and "softcore" feminism because I am unfamiliar. Thx! [DailyStar]
Earvin "Magic" Johnson is being sued by a former employee who claims it was actually Earvin's magic johnson making the big decisions. (HEYOOOOOOO.) Johnson's former personal flight attendant says she was wrongfully fired because he wanted someone younger and hotter handling his airborne snacks.
In her suit, Thomas admits she WAS 15 minutes late to work one day ... but says it was only because Magic insists on two specific types of turkey meat on his sandwiches ... and she was held up at the deli counter.
She also says Magic was "very particular that all snacks were fresh" ... especially when it came to liquorice.
...he forced her to "regularly squeeze his red vines to make sure they were soft."
He Forced Her to Regularly Squeeze His Red Vines: A Life. My forthcoming memoir. [TMZ]
Happy Endings' Eliza Coupe has some strong feelings about Michael Fassbender's penis:
I don't want to see Shame. I'm still in my own delusional world that I will get a real live showing of that amazing piece someday, and I don't want to ruin it before I see it with my own hands.
- Here's Cee-Lo singing with the Muppets. Good luck listening to anything else for the rest of the night. [YouTube]
- Along with sis Vivienne, Pax and Zahara have also landed small roles in mom Angelina Jolie's upcoming film Maleficent. Shiloh was offered a role too, but she was all, "What? Nah," because she is the BEST BABY. [NYP]
- Alec Baldwin's daughter Ireland is hella pretty. [Us]
- Here is one inch of Kim Kardashian's abs. Go nuts. [Radar]
- Little Matty Crawley isn't sure he wants to return for Downton season 4. [Vulture]
- Here's Michelle Williams in a music video for the band Wild Nothing. [Pitchfork]
- "I regret being outspoken every day," says Sharon Osbourne. [Express]
- Jon Hamm's makeup looked kinda stupid this one time. [E!]
- Here's Nicole Kidman dressed up as Grace Kelly. [DailyMail]
- :D [TheMajestyofNature]