Sarah Palin's creatively named "Sarah PAC" has spent $774,000 in the third quarter of this year and taken in more than $800,000, ostensibly from an invisible class people that have tons of disposable income and somehow lack any goddamn sense. So what's the former Governor of Alaska cum professional shouting machine doing with her political contributions? Why, contributing to the campaigns of the nuttiest political candidates in America, that's what! And, uh, paying speechwriters. And postage, so Sarah Palin can IRL spam voters with direct mailings. John McCain, the world will never forgive you for what you did.
According to financial disclosures released by the Political Action Committee on Sunday, last quarter, Sarah PAC, enemy of trees, spent $270,000 buying contact lists, and then sending the people on those contact lists shit in the mail, which the contact list people probably in turn threw away. She also spent $18,000 on speech writers ("speech" also probably means "Facebook tirade") and donated money to the following candidates:
- Mia Love of Utah, a Tea Party Republican who has vowed that, if elected to Congress, she will enter the black caucus and dismantle it from within;
- Florida's Alan West, a rabidly Islamophobic nut who was kicked out of the military after torturing an Iraqi prisoner;
- Ted Yoho, also of Florida, a large animal veterinarian who has never held public office before who beat longstanding Planned Parenthood foe Cliff Stearns in the Republican primary (at this point, I'm obligated to make a YOLO joke);
- Ted Cruz of Texas, who Mother Jones calls a "gay hating conspiracy theorist."
- Politico reports that most of the donations to SarahPAC were under $200.
- Palin is also threatening to one day run for President.