Uuuuugh, get a grip, humans! Some crazy person who really really really doesn't enjoy Bristol Palin's attempts at the Samba (I assume he was hoping for the Pachanga) mailed a suspicious package filled with white mystery powder to CBS. The accompanying note explained that, "This is what will happen to you if Bristol Palin stays on [the show]."
The white powder was later determined to be harmless — but we're told law enforcement is still treating the situation as a credible threat, and is currently investigating the situation.
FYI — this is the SECOND time Bristol has been targeted by a suspicious letter while appearing on "Dancing with the Stars." The first package was sent when Bristol first appeared on the show in 2010. It also contained a threat.
Bristol, while I do enjoy making fun of you because you say and do terrible, terrible things, nobody deserves shit like this. Hope it gets sorted out soon. [TMZ]
James "TROLL IN THE DUNGEON" Franco is working on a full-length album of Motown-vibe-ish jams, including some duets with Smokey Robinson.
"We have another project that we're working on. I guess if we complete all the songs it'll be a full-length album, 10 to 12 songs," he said. "We're working on that right now. It's a little different; the style's not quite Motown but has a similar vibe."
The Motown vibe Franco has previously described gains a legitimate touch from Smokey Robinson, who is featured on a remix of the track, "Crime." Franco added, "[Robinson] just went into the booth and kinda grooved over it. It was great to see a master, somebody who had been doing it for decades and was just one of the best."
Daryl Hannah ("of Splash fame"—burn), along with a "rural Texas great-grandmother," has been arrested while protesting an oil pipeline that would run from Canada to the Gulf Coast. Hannah and the grandmother were reportedly blocking heavy equipment with their bodies.
"It is unfortunate Ms. Hannah and other out-of-state activists have chosen to break the law by illegally trespassing on private property," David Dodson, a spokesman for TransCanada, said in an email. He also said protesters were "putting their own safety and the safety of others at risk."
[Hannah's manager Paul] Bassis said he spoke to the actress Thursday evening and that there was "a strong indication" that both women would be kept overnight at the local jail.
"The streets of Winnsboro will be much safer tonight now that they've gotten that 78-year-old great grandmother off the streets," Bassis said.
Hahahahaha. Hostess Zinger. [Yahoo!]
- Hulk Hogan sex tape. So. [Gawker]
- Sacha Baron Cohen says that his next movie is going to be about that Hong Kong billionaire dude who offered $65 million to any man who would marry (and, presumably, de-gay-ify) his lesbian daughter. It will be called The Lesbian, and it is making me very nervous already. [Deadline]
- Meeeeeeeem'riiiiiiiiiies!!! Here's Patz Adams tenderly caressing Stew Radley's face in a new Breaking Dawn film still. [Us]
- Here's Stephen Colbert helping Jon Stewart prepare for his debate with Bill O'Reilly. [E!]
- Jessica Alba really likes this one jacket. [E!]
- Jennifer Lopez has a big diamond all of a sudden, which is SO WEIRD FOR A RICH PERSON, RIGHT!?!?!? [E!]
- Apparently there is a Grammy-Award-winning pop star named "Duffy" who is successful enough to own a £12 million flat in London, but whom I have literally never heard of before in my life. I find this alarming. Anyhoo, her flat caught fire and she had to run in and rescue her pets like a regular Kurt-Russell's-character-in-Backdraft. Everyone is okay. (Except for Kurt Russell in Backdraft—he dies at the end. Spoiler.) [E![
- Ann Romney is going to fill in for Robin Roberts on GMA during Roberts's sick leave. Hey, conservatives, remember that talking point you have where you pretend like the Obamas don't do anything besides swan around on TV all day? Check your own creepy blonde grin-machine. [Radar]
- Tom Hanks is learning guitar so he and his lady wife can have a family jam. [ContactMusic]
- How did I not know that Jennifer "FUCK YES JENNIFER LAWRENCE" Lawrence is dating the dude from Skins!?!!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? For two years??? You guys are fired. [ONTD]