What Not To Wear co-host Stacy London reveals in her upcoming book The Truth About Style that she came by the lessons she doles out to women in sartorial need the hard way. When her psoriasis began at the age of 4, she grew into a self-punishing adolescent who battled anorexia and compulsive overeating, with a weight low of 90 pounds and maximum at 160 (the latter during her stint as a Vogue assistant).
"My whole life I've had a love-hate relationship with style, and my body, and myself and self-consciousness," says London. "And I have not met very many women who haven't. I see incredibly successful women beating themselves up. There's something in our culture that allows us to believe we're never enough. I'm sick of it." [Washington Post]
Considering her supernova of a marriage to the world's most famous Scientologist, Nicole Kidman has mostly kept mum about the whole Katie Holmes bustup that came after her, but opened up to Aussie magazine Who about her struggle to conceive via IVF, her divorce, and other Stuff Like That. "I got married really fast and really young. But I don't regret that because it got me Bella and Connor, and I did have a fantastic marriage for a long period. Then when it didn't work out, I had to really dig deep and find my way through depression. There were times following [the divorce] when I thought, 'Wow, this is the loneliest, loneliest existence.' But with Tom, it was a fantastic decade."
When asked to confirm or deny rumors that she spoke to Holmes, as suggested in Us Weekly recently:
I never spoke to her. I wish all of them well, but I was not involved in any of that.
Also, she was not down with using the N-word on the set of The Paperboy (partly because of her son Conor Cruise) and the film's director Lee Daniels was pissed at her for awhile. [Vulture]
Kanye West is "umcomfortable" with the idea of bringing human brand Kim Kardashian to Paris with him because "he wants to be taken seriously" and feels that she hurts his image as an auteur. He's been RSVP'ing to shows without a plus-one and not telling her. Nice. [NYDN]
Kim's also back on likely-unsafe diet pill Quick Trim, for which she is a spokesperson. [HuffPo]
21 years after a then-15-year-old Charlize Theron saw her mother shoot and kill her drunk, abusive father, there has been another murder in her childhood home in Johannesburg. The house's new owner, a man named Barry Newland, was tortured and murdered by five burglars. [Daily Mail]
Elliott Wilson of Rap Radar Instagrammed a shot of Chris Brown and Rihanna at Barclays. The two were also spotted making out at 1Oak, and reportedly Brown's girlfriend Karrueche Tran has finally left him in New York after two consecutive nights of Ri-Ri/Breezy rumors, featuring one overnight hotel stay. A source says, "Karrueche truly believes that if Rihanna would leave Chris alone, they wouldn't have any problems." Yeah, because that's how that works. [Twitter, Rap Radar, Page Six, Gather Celebs]
Rebel Wilson! Rebel Wilson!
I never thought I'd end up acting. I always thought I'd go into serious stuff like law or politics. When I graduated school I became a youth ambassador and was stationed in South Africa for a year to spread goodwill across the continent. I got malaria and was put in intensive care, where the doctors gave me a cocktail of drugs so I wouldn't die. I hallucinated that I was at the Oscars and won. It was so real that when I came out of hospital I said, 'I know this is crazy, but I'm going to become an actress!
And a poised, surprisingly adult Maude Apatow rapped with the Pitch Perfect star in a low-key interview. [YouTube]
Like Heart Of Darkness's ruined Colonel Kurtz before you, stare into the void of John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John's Christmas album. [NYDN ]
- Ashton Kutcher got punk'd by some woman who called the cops to his house about a home invasion. But don't worry, it was just a prank call and Kutcher's extensive Ed Hardy hat collection is intact. [Express]
- David Beckham in his underwear, go. [NYDN]
- Jon Hamm in no underwear (again), go. [VH1]
- As a child Jenny McCarthy wanted to be a nun, go. [The Sun]
- Go figure, Bristol Palin is a huuuuge Honey Boo-Boo fan. [NYDN]
- Frances Bean won't be deposed to testify in the Courtney Love Twitter defamation case. [THR]
- Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj are back to being civil on the American Idol set, but Minaj is pissed at producers for egging Carey on. [TMZ]
- Let Charlie Rose teach you how to dougie. [HuffPo]
- Daww, Ron Livingston stuck up for his weight-bullied newsanchor sister Jennifer (who did a bang-up job of sticking up for herself). [Entertainment Weekly]
- That time Justin B33b3r strapped on angel wings and grabbed his own crotch. [Ocean Up]
- Someone stole a bunch of jewelry from Julianne Moore. [Express]
- Some screen shots of Kristen Stewart's pixilated breasts in On The Road. I know, just what you wanted. [Daily Mail]
- Alexa Chung's writing a style guide. [Vogue UK]
- Gwyneth Paltrow might take a break from recommending $700 juice cleanses to produce a musical about 1980s girl group The Go-Go's. [THR]
- "My heart and soul would really want someone like Reagan or FDR to come back." —Creed frontman Scott Stapp, sex tapist and American voter. [Rolling Stone]
- The upcoming Twilight film will end with a goofy choreographed dance. [Entertainmentwise]
- A pregnant Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa hung around in LA. [Us Weekly]
- Vanessa Minillo, who just popped a kid out, sat in the front row of Dancing With The Stars to cheer on her brother-in-law Drew Lachey. [Us Weekly]
- Alec Baldwin wanted to take one for the team re: 30 Rock by offering to take a 20% pay cut in exchange for a full 7th and 8th season. [Twitter]
- Taylor Hanson, Hanson, and his wife had a kid. [People]
- Ringo Starr wants you to know that he has nothing to do with his upcoming unauthorized biography. [Page Six]
- Sofia Vergara's breasts annoy her. [NYDN]