Awwwww, Suri! I mean, no duh. But also, awwwwwww! Katie Holmes says 6-year-old Suri is having a hard time following her parents' sudden and much-publicized divorce. "She said the divorce has been hard on Suri and she's acting out," says a source.
Explaining that she's no longer "afraid to fail," Holmes said she's been trying to impart the same attitude to her daughter via arts and crafts projects, which don't always turn out as planned.
"At least you tried," the Holmes & Yang designer said of their creative endeavors (which included gussying up an old shoe rack with spray paint). "I think, 'Oh, I'm a great mom' and then it doesn't pan out the way I think it's going to...But the intention's there."
...Says an insider, "She wants [her] to fit in and be more of a normal kid."
You know, I'm rooting for Suri. She's no Best Celeb Baby Ever™ Violet Affleck, but I like her and I like Katie and (BOMBSHELL) I even like Tom. Best of luck to everyone. (Sorry, I know that picture is like...five years too old? But for some reason baby pics are all I can find right now. And it's cute! ROLL WITH ME HERE.) [Us]
Eddie Vedder would like Mitt "Meltaway" Romney to know that without the government there would be no Pearl Jam:
Vedder told the audience that he struggled as a young man and credited a government training program with helping him learn the skills he needed to become a security guard in San Diego, a job that helped support his rock 'n roll ambitions.
"It was that job that allowed me to also afford the guitars and tape recorder and microphones I needed to let me afford keep working on music," he said. "It was also the job I reluctantly left to move up to Seattle for less pay, in order to join a band. It all worked out."
Vedder also used the word "ginormous." I will overlook it. [Yahoo!]
Good Morning America's Robin Roberts underwent a successful bone marrow transplant for a rare blood disorder. Roberts went in for the transplant less than a month after the death of her mother.
"This journey is as much about the mind as it is the body," said Roberts, 51, sitting on a hospital bed and wearing a bright pink baseball cap.
"Your thoughts are so powerful. You've got to change the way you think in order to change the way you feel. And let me just say this lastly, I feel the love and I thank you for it. Thank you," she said.
"Medically speaking, she is doing fantastic," [her doctor, Gail Roboz] said on "GMA."
But the doctor added sadly, "I think she misses her mother."
- This new Wand Erection video "sees the teen heartthrobs messing around on a rope swing and sprinting over a lake inside huge inflatable balls." :-| [TheSun]
- Ooh, look! It's everything that's wrong with American pop culture condensed into a single sentence: "Kathy Griffin has no problem going makeup-free around her boyfriend." [Us]
- Uhhhhhh...something called a "Lisa Vanderpump" had a dog party for its dog to "celebrate the DVD launch of Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3." All of the dogs wore clothes. [Radar]
- Unless there's a wisecracking golem living in her makeup drawer (and I am not ruling it out!), I'm going to assume that when Snooki says, "In love with my little man," she is referring to her baby. [E!]
- Britney Spears is afraid of lightning. Demi Lovato fears nothing but the cold uncertainty of the void. [People]
- Liz & Dick promo. I watched it on mute. [E!]
- Claire Danes says she and Hugh Dancy wanted to wait to find out the sex of their baby but then she was all AW, FUCK IT because she has "no patience." [Us]
- Some Hollyweird special effects wizards gave Courtney Stodden a makeover! She's calling her new fall look "Human Being." (It's actually crazy how much she looks like Julianne Hough in this pic. I'm praying this means that Doug Hutchison is going to get a Ryan Seacrest makeover and frost the shit out of his creepy, creepy tips.) [TooFab]
- After kicking a 40-year marijuana and booze habit, Neil Young says he's just wandering around like a little lost lamb: "The straighter I am, the more alert I am, the less I know myself and the harder it is to recognise myself. I need a little grounding in something and I am looking for it everywhere." Neil! Stop it!!! YOU'RE GETTING EXISTENTIAL CRISIS ALL OVER MY 'BLOIDZ. [Express]