Upon discovering a burglar in his Studio City home, 44-year-old rapper and actor LL Cool J tussled with the intruder and restrained him until the police arrived, and it was AWESOME. Police arrived at the home after receiving a 911 call from Mr. Cool J's daughter around 1 am.
"A physical altercation occurred between the suspect and the victim, James Todd Smith, also known professionally as LL Cool J," said [police Sgt. Frank] Preciado. "My understanding is he just had him in custody with his physical strength."
He just had him in custody with his physical strength. He just had him in custody with his physical strength. He just had him in custody with his physical strength. He just had him in custody with his physical strength. He just had him in custody with his physical strength. Thank you for my new epitaph, Sgt. Frank Preciado. [Yahoo!]
Look! It's Nicole Kidman as '90s Meg Ryan in Dude, Where's My Leave-In Conditioner: The Photo Shoot! Mario Testino photographed Kidman for the September issue of V Magazine (srsly, she looks great!). After showing her whole butt, Kidman talks about her divorce from Tom Cruise: "If you're being completely drained in your personal life and you're never being nourished there, it's very hard to make it work." And, of peeing on Zac Efron in their new film Paperboy, she says: "I just went for it and didn't overthink it." Like a pro. [NYDN] [E!]
Twisted Sister's Dee Snider asked Republican Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan to PLEASE stop using his 1984 hit "We're Not Gonna Take It" as a campaign song. The Ryan camp reportedly responded with an e-mail saying, "We're Not Gonna Play It anymore." CUTE, GUYS.
It joins a long list of songs that musicians have asked politicians to stop using. Most recently, the rock band Silversun Pickups asked likely Republican nominee Mitt Romney to stop using the song "Panic Switch" last week. The campaign said the song's use was inadvertent.
Some rando Kennedy is mad because she claims Taylor Swift and boyfriend Conor Kennedy crashed her daughter's wedding. Kennedy says she did not want Swift at the wedding because it would "distract from daughter Kyle Kennedy's big day."
"They texted me an hour before the wedding and asked if they could come," Victoria [Gifford Kennedy] said. "I responded with a very clear, ‘Please do not come.'"
..."I personally went up to Ms. Swift, whose entrance distracted the entire event, politely introduced myself to her, and asked her as nicely as I could to leave," Victoria told the newspaper.
"It was like talking to a ghost. She seemed to look right past me."
BREAKING: TAYLOR SWIFT IS A GHOST!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!??? [NYDN]
- Christina Hendricks owns a $23,000 handbag and it's really fucking cute and you don't even have a bike. [E!]
- Sophia Bush turned to the amateur cobblers of Twitter for advice on boot-care. [JustJared]
- Reese Witherspoon is not experiencing "baby drama." [Extra]
- Britney Spears's feet are not cold. [E!]
- Man, fuck this headline: "Kristen Stewart Spotted Looking Very Thin, but Robert Pattinson Is Staying Strong." I don't even get it, but I hate it. [E!]
- Here's Gabby Douglas looking awesome on the cover of Jet. [TheGrio]
- VH1 picks up Single Ladies for a third season: "Our viewers' love affair with Single Ladies got even bigger this year, growing significantly from its successful first season and dominating its timeslot on basic cable," says VP Jeff Olde. [HollywoodReporter]
- Floral denim is back, and Jessica Alba's thighs are here to tell you about it. [E!]
- Community is still using Dan Harmon's story ideas even though they fired Dan Harmon. [Vulture]
- Apparently Aaron Sorkin and Kristin Davis split up. I didn't even know they were together. God, I'm shitty at this. [InTouch]