Conservative activists in Russia are so mad about Madonna expressing her support for gay rights at a St. Petersburg concert, they're suing her for $10.5 million. If convicted, punishment is eaten by bear.
One plaintiff, Darya Dedova, says, "She (Madonna) had been warned with words that she should behave in line with the law and she ignored it. So we will speak in the language of money. Of course, it is difficult to measure moral damages and suffering but maybe people who earn money regardless of moral rules will better understand this."
Because in Russia, if gays can marry, what is next? Moose and squirrel? [ContactMusic]
Former Real World cast member Joey Kovar—who also appeared on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew—was found dead at a friend's Chicago home. He was 29.
Kovar's rep tells TMZ ... Joey was discovered by a female friend early this morning who noticed blood coming out of Joey's ears and nose.
Kovar, who had struggled with cocaine and pill addiction for years, leaves behind a two-year-old daughter. Friends say that Kovar had managed to stay sober for "some time," but recently began sending out alarming suicidal text messages. "His life was at a low point," said one. [TMZ] [Radar]
Zoe Saldana is taking over the lead role in an upcoming Nina Simone biopic:
Originally, Mary J. Blige was set to portray Simone in the film, which was previously reported to be titled Nina and details the singer's relationship with her longtime manager Clifton Henderson. However, Blige stepped away due to funding issues which seem to have been resolved. Production on the Nina Simone film is set to begin On October 16th in Los Angeles.
Hope Solo claims in a new memoir that Maksim Chmerkovskiy slapped her in the face when the two were practicing for Dancing With the Stars:
He manhandled me in rehearsals from the start, pushing me, whacking my stomach, bending my arms roughly...I thought that was just how it went-how dancers worked with each other. But it kept getting worse. One day, Maks was trying to put me in a certain position and hit my stomach so hard with his open palm that I had a red handprint there for the rest of the day.
Blergh! Today, Chmerkovskiy responded with the world's douchiest inspirational tweet: "Life's best lessons are the ones that you smile through.....while they hurt you the most! I'm bullet proof....FIRE AWAY!" [E!]
Here's Mike Tyson starring in a butt-clenchingly awkward advertisement for a Polish energy drink called "Black." The Society Pages has a few criticisms:
So we have, in one ad campaign, the fetishization of Black men, the White supremacist portrayal of White women as the ultimate female, their objectification (see #3, he actually hands one out in the second ad), the trivialization of his crime (he can't control himself, LOL right!?), the use of animalistic language to refer to Black people, and the appropriation of the Black Power movement. Anyone see anything else?
Look. Being a terrifying gigantic baby with no impulse control who can kill people with his hands gets exhausting. Sometimes a guy needs a little pick-me-up. [TheSocietyPages]
- Tamera Mowry is worried that lions will eat her. [Us]
- Prince William piloted the rescue helicopter that saved a teenager from drowning. Hopefully he will show up momentarily to rescue me from swooning to death. [CBS]
- Bradley Cooper and Beyonce are probs going to make out. [VH1]
- Ron Swanson is selling his mustache!!! [Vulture]
- Amanda Bynes whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????? [E!]
- Missy Franklin got a tattoo near her crotch. [Us]
- Here is a headline I enjoyed: "Watch Jason Alexander (Who Maybe Got Hair Plugs?) Play a Barista in a Nickelback Video" [Vulture]
- Here is a headline I enjoyed less: "Is Lady Gaga's rump getting too big for her meat corset?" [DailyMail]
- Rachel Bilson and her mom ate at Little Dom's in Los Feliz, and I'm not even going to make fun of the boringness of that "news" because Little Dom's is hella delicious. [JustJared]
- THIS KITTY-CAT LOVES SUN CHIPS SO MUCH IT WAS WILLING TO DIE FOR THEM. [DailyIntel]