Texting is pretty easy. Voting can be harder. So a bunch of noteworthy organizations — the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, National Association of Latino Appointed and Elected Officials Education Fund, New Organizing Institute, Rock the Vote and Verified Voting Foundation — have teamed up to create "the Election Protection Smartphone Application" for mobile-savvy Americans who can't remember where they put their voting registration forms.
According to their website, the app will allow voters to:
• Verify their registration;
• Register to vote;
• Look up their polling place;
• Review key voting rules and regulations for their state;
• See what type of machine they vote on; and
• Contact Election Protection via phone or email to report a problem or get answers to their questions.
Now if only the app could tell us who Romney plans on picking for his running mate and save us a few zillion postulating op-eds! Perchance to dream.
Download it here.