Am I the last person to find this out? Oh my god, it's perfect. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god, it's perfect!!! OH MY GOD. It's perfect!!!!! Apparently Katy Perry and John Mayer have been spotted hanging out together and now they're having "sleepovers" at his house (LIKE INTERCOURSE ONES).
"She has been having sleepovers there," says a source. "It is very private and they've been sneaking in and out. It has been going on for a while."
This is the most perfect celebrity couple since Captain Cragen and that monkey.
They probably only have eyes for each other, but should these rumored lovebirds want some companionship, Mayer's house is just down the road from E!'s own Kris and Bruce Jenner's Hidden Hills home.
Ugh. Way to make it weird, E!. [E!]
Michael Phelps's new girlfriend is a total fame-seeker, say tabloids! She has been photographed with other celebrities, including Zach Braff, and sometimes tells people she's a model and attends "VIP events"!!! But FIE, says Michael Phelps's girlfriend's dad, Wayne! She is already hella successful and famous and doesn't need shit from the likes of a Phelps OR a Braff! Let grown-ups live their fucking lives, says me! (Nobody listens to me.) [Extra] [ONTD]
After learning that Gabby Douglas is a big Vampire Diaries fan, Nina Dobrev 'n' company made a video wishing the USA team good luck in the finals.
Nina Dobrev, a former artistic and rhythmic gymnast, was behind the group effort. "Forget sleep. It's all about the Olympics right now. I'm obsessed. Like, it's actually a problem. They're starting to tell me I'm looking tired on set, and it's because I'm up until, like, two in the morning watching the Olympics and going to work at 5 a.m."
CUTE. [I'm behind deadline, so write your own Degrassi inside joke here. Something about being a single mom. I don't know. Follow your heart.] [EW]
Marvin Hamlisch, the Oscar-, Grammy-, Tony-, and Pulitzer-winning composer behind a billion songs you don't know you know but you know, has died at age 68. Among other things, Hamlisch wrote the score to A Chorus Line and The Sting and composed "Nobody Does It Better" for Carly Simon. He will be missed by all kinds of people. [NYTimes]
- Jake Gyllenhaal is tired. Please stop making Jake Gyllenhaal exercise!!! [Us]
- Joss Whedon says he'll return for the Avengers sequel AND wants to develop a Marvel superhero show for ABC. [ThinkProgress]
- Rupert Sanders (the guy who put it in K-Stew) and his wife, who apparently have never heard of buildings, had a much-photographed reunion on the street outside a deli. [TMZ]
- Non-pregnant non-child non-current-space-shuttle-operator Kendra Wilkinson got drunk. Quick, everybody care for no reason!!!!! [Radar]
- Chloe Moretz is in Toronto working on the remake of Carrie. Wait, they're filming it in Toronto? Degrassi crossover, pleeeeeeeeeease!!! (The role of prom will be played by "Whack-Your-Brain" and the role of fake blood will be played by yellow paint and the role of Rick Murray will be played by Chloe Moretz and the role of getting your period will be played by Emma's khakis. IT WRITES ITSELF.) [JustJared]
- Little Britain's Matt Lucas has accepted a role on Community. In related news, I died. [Vulture]
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis went to Bali and touched butts. [Extra]
- Bar Refaeli says she might consider going on JDate if she's still single at 40. [Vulture]
- Here's Daniel Day Lewis dressed as Abraham Lincoln. [E!]
- Artie from Glee might host the X-Factor. Here, I got you these smelling salts. [E!]
- Ryan Lochte celebrated his birthday at Planet Hollywood. Because nothing says "I didn't die this year" like drinking mudslides near Ray Liotta's pants from Operation Dumbo Drop (the exact pants!). [ONTD]