Terry Richardson, once he was finished with his day's work of posting 17 nude photos of Paz de la Huerta on the internet, treated his Tumblr followers to a disturbing series of pictures of Lindsay Lohan at the Chateau Marmont. In several shots, she posed with a gun to her head. (If that scenario sounds familiar, it's because Lohan posed for a similar series of gunplay photos with noted troll Tyler Shields in 2010 and because there is nothing new under the sun.) Richardson has since taken down the images without explanation. [Fashionista]
- Anna Dello Russo says she's grown accustomed to attention from street-style photographers. "Sometimes now I think: 'Oh, if I do not get photographed I will be miserable', or 'Oh my god, the outfit does not work any more.'" She also says that going to shows is important: "It is like going to church — it helps you keep the faith." [Telegraph]
- Survey says: "By 2016, smartphones will influence $689 billion or 19 percent of total U.S. store sales." Direct sales on smart phones may by then total $30 billion. [WWD]
- Maybe the greater efficiency brought about by those tiny screens is why Americans are also reporting that they spent less time shopping in 2011 than they did in 2010. [HuffPo]
- Project Runway Season 8 finalist Andy South has transitioned to living as a woman. Her name is Nong Ariyaphon Southiphong. She told Expression magazine in Hawaii, "People who are close to me know who I am and I have continued to receive support, especially from my mom who is still by my side every step of the way." Meanwhile, Southiphong has kept "Andy South" as the brand name of her clothing line, which is sold by Neiman Marcus in Honolulu. [DM]
- The Fashion Week Daily draws our attention to a VERY IMPORTANT correction appended to last week's New York Times' profile of Harry Brant and Peter Brant II:
Correction: An earlier version of this article incorrectly referred to the Brant brothers' siblings from their father's earlier marriage to Sandra Brandt as step-siblings. They are half-siblings.
- Swimsuit model (and Twitter entertainer) Chrissy Teigen talks body hair: "I don't have hair everywhere, but where I do they're ANGRY. They're thick and coarse. It's funny because above my knee on the thigh I don't have hair at all and then below it, it goes every which way." [Fashionista]
- Chinese new face Lina Zhang says growing up, modeling wasn't something she thought about pursuing. "I grew up hoping to have my own business one day. I still hope to. I admire strong businesswomen." [WWD]
- Margherita Missoni would like to clarify that Giambattista Valli did not "design" her wedding dress, as was widely reported Monday. She designed it, and he gave her "couture counseling." [@Mmmargherita]
- Ooooh, boy. Franca Sozzani doesn't like how all those gay men she just saw at the men's wear shows dress, with their too-tight polo shirts and silly bags:
Can I just say it without anyone, as usual, getting annoyed, calling me bossy or impolite or, worse, saying I'm not open to individual choices and tastes? Those colored bags carried on hairy arms, those cropped pants and polo shirts, so tight they showed through, depending on the body's shape, toned-up biceps or curved bellies, were not a nice sight for anyone.
And she wants a break from all of your criticism, guys!
A small ghetto of outdated trend-followers. Yes, because fashion goes faster than trends. We've seen this already, last season! Let's not start pointless controversies, I am referring to fashionistas and not to gays, just like when I talk about women. I have never considered their sexuality, but their appearance. I know that someone will say we talk too much about aesthetics and not about our inner qualities. Yes, but I'm dealing with fashion and runways shows. I cannot take care of people's souls, too. Give me a break!
Touchy, touchy. [Vogue.it]