Ever since his tenure as the super studdly if occasionally whiny Jack Shepard on Lost ended, we haven't seen much of Matthew Fox. Well, now he's back in the spotlight after being busted for doing something decidedly un-foxy: driving drunk. Is this an isolated incident or a sign that he's officially lost his way in life?
Fox was arrested at 3:30am on Friday near his home in Bend, Oregon for suspicion of driving under the influence. Not very many details have been released, but it appears to have been alcohol-related and he was apparently on his way to a fast food restaurant. Oof. When you combine this incident with the fact the he got in trouble for punching a the female driver of a party bus in the groin last year, it certainly does not paint the most flattering picture of Fox. Looks like we all need to retroactively migrate to Team Sawyer for life. [TMZ, E!]
Uh oh. Tracy Morgan has run into health troubles again whilst traveling in the mountains. He was supposed to perform in Denver this weekend, but instead he was treated at a hospital for "flu-like symptoms and dehydration" on Saturday night and had to cancel his show. Yesterday, he needed to be taken in a wheelchair onto his plane home. It was just four months ago that he collapsed at Sundance. The high altitudes really must not agree with him. Let's hope he improves dramatically once he's back at sea level. [TMZ]
Poor old John Travolta. He can't even try to innocently grope a masseur without getting sued. Wait, whaaat? Umm, yeah apparently a man has come forward claiming he was hired via an online ad for a massage appointment, but once he was at Travolta's bungalow, Johnny T started getting fresh with him, eventually offering a "reverse massage." Travolta reportedly even said, "Come on dude, I'll jerk you off!!!" Oh, brother. The man also alleges that the King of Disco explained that he got where he is "due to sexual favors he had performed when he was in his 'Welcome Back Kotter' days," because apparently, "Hollywood is controlled by homosexual Jewish men who expect favors in return for sexual activity." Yowza. Best of luck digging your way out of this hole, Travolta. [TMZ]
Eva Mendes is ever vigilant in her noble quest to keep her relationship with superhero Ryan Gosling under wraps. But, naturally, Ellen Degeneres found a harmless and charming way to broach the topic when Eva appeared on her show: she spoke of how they both loved onesie pajamas and eventually got Eva to blush. She also gave Eva a delightful pair of conjoined onesie pajamas to share with Ryan in the unlikely event that she should run into him. But of course we all know that will never happen because they're not dating. How could they be, because he is somehow dating all of us? [People]
The shock of losing Adam Yauch last week has barely subsided for fans of the Beastie Boys, but for the band itself, as you might imagine, this has been an incredibly hard time. Mike D issued a very touching statement via Facebook today, which said in part,
I know, we should have tweeted and instagrammed every sad, happy and inspired thought, smile or tear by now. But honestly the last few days have just been a blur of deep emotions for our closest friend, band mate and really brother. I miss Adam so much. He really served as a great example for myself and so many of what determination, faith, focus, and humility coupled with a sense of humor can accomplish. The world is in need of many more like him. We love you Adam.
Aaand now we're getting weepy all over again. [MTV]
- On a lighter note, if you have wasted even a single second of your life fretting that Snooki might not be cut out for motherhood, shame on you. According to the mom-to-be, she's got a few tricks up her sleeve: "Everyone will be surprised to see a different side of me. I'm loving, caring, sensitive, protective and very maternal, no matter what people might think." Well, basically now that Tan Mom has come along, all Snooki has to do is keep from sunburning her newborn, and she'll be eligible for a Mother of the Year award. [Us]
- Jack Osbourne is showing off the first pics of his tiny new daughter, Pearl. From what you can see of her, she looks very sweet. God, it is so totally weird that something so small and pure is descended from Ozzy Osbourne's DNA. [E!]
- Well, try as they might to stay apart, apparently there is a "magnetic force" that keeps pulling Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy back together. The two are reportedly seeing each other again, though they're not officially dating. So, if you see a Harry Hunter weeping on the street, be kind and lend her a kerchief. [Us]
- From the Department of Life Is Full of Surprises: Cameron Diaz has said that when she was younger she thought she'd be on a very different track than the one she's on now: "I thought I was going to be married and have two children by the time I was 21. I think I felt I had to model my life after my mother's." Obviously things didn't turn out quite as she anticipated, though it's not like the average teenager could accurately predict that they'd end up as a super wealthy mega star. [Us]
- Mila Kunis has a stalker. No, we are not talking about her adoring former co-star/possible friend with benefits, Ashton Kutcher. We are talking about an actual, scary stalker named Stuart Dunn who apparently has been tormenting her for months. Fortunately he was nabbed by the cops this weekend as he violated a restraining order against him by waited for Kunis outside her gym. Phew. [TMZ]
- Today in Legal Battles of the Rich and Famous, Linda Evangelista and her baby daddy François-Henri Pinault have finally reached an agreement regarding child support for their five-year-old son, Augustin. You may recall that Pinault is also the father of his wife Salma Hayek's four-year-old daughter, Valentina. Good thing he's got plenty of money to go around. [E!]
- All is more or less quiet on the Lohan front: Linds has just settled the lawsuit brought by Dawn Holland, the employee at the Betty Ford center with whom LiLo reportedly got into a tussle over having to take a breathalyzer test. [TMZ]
- There's trouble in paradise for Stephen Collins, one-time star of 7th Heaven. He is getting divorced from his wife Faye Grant. The two have been married since 1985 and have one daughter. [E!]