This month is drawing to a close, and yet another celebrity has given birth before Jessica Simpson. This time it's Maggie Gyllenhaal who, along with hubby Peter Sarsgaard, has welcomed a brand new baby girl. She was born on April 19th, but they've only just gotten around to telling the world.
They've named their new bundle of joy Gloria Ray. A very pretty name, indeed. She will join her older sister Ramona in living a charmed life in quaint Park Slope, Brooklyn. Plus, she's got Jake Gyllenhaal as her cool uncle, so basically little Gloria Ray is off to a pretty stellar start in life. [Us]
Rick Santorum has made the transition from presidential candidate to plain old sleazeball with remarkable ease. While at the White House Correspondent's Dinner, he snapped a casual picture OF Lindsay Lohan, but not WITH her. Then he later claimed he did no such thing. Really Rickles? Lindsay Lohan? You devil. Actually, he's probably just a huge fan of Herbie Fully Loaded... [TMZ]
While Bobby Brown seems to be in plenty of trouble himself these days—what with his recent DUI bust and all—he seems more concerned with convincing us he had nothing to do with bringing Whitney Houston into the depths of the drug addiction that eventually killed her. Brown said in an interview for the Today Show, "I'm not the one that got Whitney on drugs, at all. I'm not the reason she's gone." OK, we'll make a note in the official record. Now you can zip it on this topic for the rest of your life, BB? [Reuters]
I know most of you have had a vague concern about the fate of Guy Fieri's yellow Lamborghini after it was stolen in an elaborate heist one year ago. Well, it's time to breathe a sigh of relief because there was a break in the case, and the cops have finally found it. It seems like it'd be hard NOT to find a bright yellow Lamborghini, but apparently it was hidden in storage unit, so that explains why it wasn't spotted earlier. Anyway, soon Fieri can commence driving it around again while doing shots of hot sauce and boiling grease, or whatever it is he gets his kicks from these days. [TMZ]
It may have been Prince William and Kate Middleton's much discussed one-year anniversary this weekend, but Prince Harry did some partying of his own—no doubt to celebrate the love that his brother and sister-in-law share. Harry Hunters will want to take note that he was not out with Mollie King, his rumored girlfriend, so you may just get your shot at the Royal life yet. [People]
- Want to know the secret to becoming close friends with Gwyneth Paltrow? According to Cameron Diaz, it's to have your father die at the age of 58, which happened to both Paltrow and Diaz. Cammy says of Gwynnie, "She reached out after my dad's death. It was very sweet. We bonded on that." Though probably something less tragic, like a shared love of Ecuadorian rare bird shit facials, would also do the trick in terms of gaining you BFF status. [E!]
- Sarah Michelle Gellar is rumored to be pregnant with her second child, but holy cow, can we talk about her first child, Charlotte, for a second? She's two, and until now I have somehow never seen a picture of her. She is soul-crushingly adorable, especially in her little ballerina outfit. Consider your ovaries warned. [Celebuzz]
- The 911 call that Jennifer Hudson's sister Julia made after finding the body of their murdered mother has been released, and it is exactly as awful and heartbreaking as you'd expect. [E!]
- We've all been very concerned that Harper Seven, only daughter of David and Victoria Beckham, would never have any opportunities in this life. So, it comes as good news that at the tender age of nine months old, she's been offered her first modeling contract. It seems more like a desperate publicity stunt by the company that's offered it than an actual job she'll be taking, but still, it's nice to be wanted. [E!]
- Brace yourselves: Producer Terence Winters has revealed that season three of Boardwalk Empire will be even more violent than the previous season. Eek. [Digital Spy]
- There is talk of resurrecting Murphy Brown for a handful of special episodes. Listen, I love that show as much as anyone, but it certainly doesn't need to become the television equivalent of a Tupac hologram. [Vulture]
- No surprise, Kris Jenner thinks Kim Kardashian has what it takes to be mayor of Glendale, California:
Actually, she would be amazing at holding office, because she's so smart and she's got the kind of personality that she can handle something like that, but I think right now we've got our hands full at the moment.
Funny, that's never seemed to stop you from grabbing any shred of attention that's available before. [HuffPo]
- The inevitable has finally happened: Octomom has filed for bankruptcy. It seems no amount of publicity-seeking behavior was enough to satisfy her creditors. Sigh. [TMZ]