Madonna's 15-year-old daughter, Lourdes, was caught on camera smoking a cigarette, and Madonna is NOT happy about it. So how does a woman who has made her living by pushing the envelope discipline her daughter for doing the very same thing? So far it involves giving interviews about the incident, but Madonna might have another trick up her sleeve.
So how did Lourdes pick up such a nasty habit? Well, the Material Mom does have a cigarette in her Girl Gone Wild video, but she said, "I don't smoke, that's just an accessory. She smoked that cigarette before I did that video, so she didn't get that from me." So Lourdes can't use the old "I learned it from watching you" comeback. However it happened, Madonna thinks she's a good mother, but she's still navigating the waters:
I think I am [a tough mom] but I don't think I'm as tough as I should be. I think maybe I should be tougher but it's hard.
Indeed, though Madonna already seems tough as nails, so what does getting even tougher involve? Forced hot yoga classes? Whatever it is, hopefully she won't crack down too hard on Lil' L since it can't be easy being a teenager who is followed by cameras standing ready to capture your every dumb decision and ridiculous act of rebellion. [The Insider]
Never afraid to go where most people would fear to tread, presidential candidate Roseanne Barr has decided to pick a fight with Ann Romney about her now infamous work as a stay-at-home mom. While Ann claims she did it all herself, with the exception of a cleaning lady that came for a few hours a week, Barr isn't having it. She writes, in a most presidential tone,
Mrs. Mitt Romney claims to have worked her toned ass off, raising five Romney males all on her own, as privileged wives often do—but, no, Ann, I call bulls—t on your Big Mama story, girlfriend.
Whoa. Consider yourself on notice, Mrs. R, because Roseanne is challenging you: "I say let's find that 'cleaning lady' (if she is documented) and ask HER how many hours she worked per week over the years." Them there is fightin' words. [E!]
As the sad news of Dick Clark's death spreads throughout the world, Ryan Seacrest and Carson Daly, who someday will probably have to duel at dawn for the right to be called our generation's Dick Clark, have both commented. Seacrest tweeted, "I am deeply saddened by the loss of my dear friend Dick Clark. He has truly been one of the greatest influences in my life." And Daly said, ""We lost an icon today. I will always cherish the personal time we had together. I am forever indebted to Dick Clark and his legacy." [Us, EW]
Carey Mulligan is getting married this weekend to singer Marcus Mumford. They've been engaged for nine months. Their friends apparently think they're rushing it, but an insider says they don't give a shit because, "They are madly in love and know they are perfect for each other." Whatever, let's just hope Ryan Gosling drives her to the church as fast as he possibly can. [Radar]
To celebrate their recent engagement (or just to follow through on existing travel plans), Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have arrived at an exclusive resort on the Galapagos Islands with their entire clan of children—you know, just as all couples do after getting engaged. [People]
- Cameron Diaz is about to turn 40, and yet she has not gotten married and has no children. While Radar seems to think this might be a reason for her to panic, Cammy D seems totally fine with her present situation:
I don't know what's going to happen in my life! I could end up adopting children. I could end up with a partner who already has children. Who knows? I'm not trying to fit into anyone's box about how I should be. I just fit in my own box.
Seems wise to keep that box since she's rich, successful, beautiful, dates whomever she wants and generally seems to have an awesome life. [Radar]
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez smooched for the kiss cam at a Lakers game as the entire stadium looked on like a bunch of creeps. [E!]
- Today is Suri Cruise's sixth birthday. She and her bunny rabbit went for a walk, and she wore flats. She must be getting old enough to realize that heels fucking suck to walk in. [INF]
- When it comes to lady clothing, George Clooney is apparently not picky—at least when the clothes are appearing on his girlfriend, Stacy Keibler. She says, "He is always happy with everything that I wear. He doesn't care whether I'm dressed up or down." Let's file this quote under "No shit, Sherlock." [Us]
- Speaking of George Clooney, his ex-gf Elisabetta Canalis has been dumped by her current bf Steve-O. Why would he do such a thing? Well, apparently she parties too much for him, and he wants to focus on his sobriety. Fair enough. [Radar]
- Who in this picture is more scruffily cute, Zachary Quinto or his dog? [Just Jared]
- Nick Jonas and Ashley Greene walked down the aisle—but don't worry, they did not get married! They were in the wedding of Greg Garbo, the bassist for the Jonas Brothers. [E!]
- Reese Witherspoon = Still pregnant. [Popsugar]
- Attention celebrity baby counters: #587,942 is presently cooking in the belly of Melissa Joan Hart. This is her third child. Those are some lucky kids since they have Clarissa to explain all of life's mysteries to them. [CDaN]
- As for famous baby #587,943, it will belong to Taylor Hanson and his wife Natalie. For the record, this is their fifth child. Will they keep going and stray into Duggar territory? I smell a reality show in their future. [Us]