Remember when we found out that Whitney Houston had officially died from an "accidental drowning" and that cocaine may have played some role in her death? Well, now sadly it looks like cocaine had a starring role. The official coroner's report just came out, and it has new and disturbing details about the drug paraphernalia left in her room and what state her body was in when they found her.
While there have been conflicting reports about whether there were drugs in her room or whether someone cleared them out before authorities arrived, it now appears that a "spoon with a white crystal-like substance on it" and a "white powdery substance" were found in the hotel room where she died. The powder turned out to be cocaine, and there were also a few other telltale drug bits, like a rolled up piece of paper and a mirror with more white powder on it.
While her official cause of death remains "accidental drowning," the report says, "[Whitney] possibly overdosed on a narcotic substance, prescription medications, over the counter medications and alcohol." She was apparently found face down in the bathtub with a "bloody purge coming from her nose." That is almost too sad to even type, but it does seem to support the overdose theory in a big way. And, for one final depressing detail, she had a "perforation of posterior nasal septum," which was surely the result of chronic drug use. And with that, let us hope there are no further revelations having anything to do with what happened in that hotel room because we can't handle much more. [TMZ]
Looks like there might be trouble in Jersey Shore paradise. Snooki's fiancé, Jionni LaValle, is reportedly cheating on her. The National Enquirer claims to have photos of him with his ex-girlfriend Erica, whom he dated on and off before he hooked up with Snooki. If we are to believe their source, Jionni has been calling and texting Erica behind Snooki's back and has been hooking up with Erica for most of the time he's been with Snooks. You do not need to be reminded, of course, that Snooki is carrying Jionni's baby, which could make this extra disastrous. For the sake of Snooki's unborn child, let us hope the Enquirer has got it wrong. [National Enquirer]
Actor Jeremy Renner did an interview with The Hollywood Reporter in which he addresses the apparently persistent rumors that he is gay. The short version is he'd like you to know that he's not gay. Noted. The longer version is this:
I want my personal life to be personal, and it's not f-ing true. And I don't care if you're talking about things that are true, you're still talking about my personal life. How about I go peek in your window, take what underwear you wore last night, whose husband you were f-ing, and shove that in the megaphone throughout your neighborhood? How does that feel?
I was going to say something here about becoming a very famous (and well paid) actor and how it necessitates giving up a certain degree of privacy. But then I remembered that his puppy just died not very long ago. So I am just going to make a sadface about the dog and cut Renner some slack. [THR]
We've been staring intently at Kate Middleton's stomach, looking for any sign of a baby bump, for so long now that it's really starting to cause us some serious eyestrain. Fortunately, an insider has come forward to give us a break. This mystery person says, "Kate is not pregnant or about to make a pregnancy announcement." The proof? She was drinking sherry on St. Patrick's day. (Ooh la la.) And she's been skiing. So close your eyes for a while, you poor dears. We'll wake you when it's time to resume the Royal Waist Watch. [Us]
Wow, talk about your six degrees of Kevin Bacon. It's been discovered that Kevin Bacon and his wife of 23 years, Kyra Sedgwick, are actually distant cousins. Weird. I mean it's not gross in an incest-y way, exactly, but still what are the chances? The connection was uncovered by the PBS show Finding Your Roots. How deeply do you think the couple's two children gagged when they found out that their parents were actually related? [E!]
- Let's all take a moment to wish Beyonce and Jay-Z a happy fourth wedding anniversary. It's too bad they haven't accomplished anything personally or professionally since they got married in 2008… Well, there was that one baby they had. What was her name again? [E!]
- Turns out Tori Spelling was just as surprised as we all were to learn she was pregnant with her fourth child. She said she'd gone to the ER for a migraine and the nurse made her take a pregnancy test before they'd treat her. She said, "Oh, don't worry I'm not pregnant. I just had a baby a month ago." But they made her do it anyway, and it came back positive. She and her husband Dean McDermott were shocked, but they're excited now. Though I'm betting they'll probably be a little more careful with their, umm, family planning after this one is born so as to not pile on baby number five right away. [Starpulse]
- There are a few more photos of everyone's favorite new couple Michelle Williams and Jason Segel out on a post-dinner stroll in Brooklyn. They look pretty much like any other couple walking around in Brooklyn, except one of them has touched a Muppet and the other has been nominated for a bunch of Oscars, so you know. [INF]
- We're learning a lot about Emily Blunt today. First, we learned the best way to get her to cry on film, and now we're finding out that there's one celebrity couple that has the power to make her lose her cool: Barack and Michelle Obama, naturally. Here's what happened when she encountered them for the first time:
I was so starstruck...we were at the White House having cocktails and this woman said, "Would you like to meet President Obama?" They introduced me and then he turned to me and went, "Oh. Oh. You are a wonderful actress." And I laughed, screechingly and hysterically, I couldn't stop. They had to usher me away. I fell apart. I don't know what happened to me. He looked 9 feet tall. I think my eyes rolled back in my head. I gave Michelle a hug and she had skin like silk.
- It actually sounds like she was about 10,000 times more composed that many of us could have managed to be. [E!]
- When you compare Drew Barrymore's midsection of today with her midsection from two years ago, it certainly does make for compelling evidence of her being pregnant—or, as TMZ so classily phrased it, "There's a real good chance her uterus is full of fetus." [TMZ]
- Apparently Bruce Willis owns a ski resort in Idaho that he's looking to get rid of, and he's thinking about donating it to a charity, if the right one comes along. Well, now's as good a time as any to turn yourself into a non-profit and seek his donation. [Yahoo!]
- Barry Williams, who will forever be known to us as Greg Brady on The Brady Bunch, has a brand new baby. His girlfriend Elizabeth Kennedy gave birth to daughter named Samantha Rose recently. This is their first child together, but Williams has a son from a previous relationship. [Express]