American Apparel has again run afoul of U.K. authorities for its advertising. In 2009, the company was censured for appearing to sexualize a child. Now, eight American Apparel ads have been banned in the U.K. by the Advertising Standards Authority for featuring "gratuitous" nudity and depicting young women in an "exploitative" way. Only eight? [WWD]
- H&M has confirmed that the new chain of higher-end stores it is planning to open will be named "& Other Stores." [AFP]
- The brand Leonard and Maxime Simoens, the young French designer lately rumored to be under consideration for the top job at Christian Dior, are no longer working together. [WWD]
- The upcoming movie Snow White And The Huntsman will have a promotional clothing line. [Rolling Stone]
- British Vogue is hosting a two-day symposium on fashion with public talks from Stella McCartney, Tom Ford, Alexandra Shulman, Lily Cole, Jourdan Dunn, and others. Tickets to all 12 events cost $445 and have already sold out. [WWD]
- Molly Sims and her husband Scott Stuber announced they're having a boy. [People]
- Also having a boy are Alessandra Ambrosio and Jaime Mazur. The Victoria's Secret Angel is due in about four weeks. [P6]
- And now, a moment with Diane von Furstenberg and Yvan Mispelaere, whom she tapped to become the creative director of her company in 2010. Here's how they met:
DVF:When I met you, you seemed very familiar. I think it has to do with education and upbringing. You are from the north of France and I am from Belgium, and both are very grey places — grey sky, grey surroundings — and a lot of boredom. But we had lunch too, didn't we?
YM: We had lunch in Paris. And then we walked over to the Isadora Duncan show at the Musée Bourdelle. I was watching you watching things — seeing what you looked at — and you were watching me.
Von Furstenberg also says, "I do a very good imitation of Valentino. I can do a very good Valentino talking to Giancarlo," meaning Valentino's partner, Giancarlo Giammetti. [FT]