Titanic 3D is about to hit theaters, and its re-release is forcing Kate Winslet to come face-to-face with something she is constantly trying to avoid: "My Heart Will Go On," the movie's aggressively swoopy theme song by Celine Dion. It's been 15 years since the movie came out, so it's understandable that Kate's over the song, but it's more than that, she says hearing it makes her feel, "like throwing up." Sounds like she's got a case of the ol' Titanic seasickness.
She revealed her distaste for the song in an interview with MTV, and she says it's a particularly unfortunate affliction because it's still played everywhere, and people never tire of bringing it up to her: "I wish I could say, 'Oh listen, everybody! It's the Celine Dion song!' But I don't. I just have to sit there, you know, kind of straight-faced with a massive internal eye roll." That would suck—and sometimes people even try to make her sing it. She recounts one such time:
I did a talk show recently in Italy and they actually had a live pianist who started gently playing the theme song. I was not even gently, rather severely, urged to go and sing it as though I had in fact sung it myself in the first place. It was like, "No! I'm not going to do that." They're like, "Oh no, come on it will be funny." No, it won't be funny. At all. And I'm not going to.
Ack. Good luck spontaneously belting out a Celine Dion song, person with normal vocal chords. She still seems to think the good things about the movie (like the fact that it made her career) outweigh the fact that she's haunted by the angelically annoying voice of Celine Dion. Plus, as obnoxious as all of it must be, she can take comfort in the fact that her affliction isn't nearly on the level of a Cuba Gooding Jr. "Show me the money" problem—or worse the dreaded Robert De Niro "You talkin' to me?" life-ruiner. [MTV]
Do you have an ice pack nearby? Because you are going to need it after taking in all these glorious photos of Jon Hamm in Esquire UK. If you can even concentrate with all of the visual, ummm, stimulation happening here, you might be interested to know Hamm's feeling on being Don Draper:
"There is no Don Draper. Don Draper was blown up in a ditch in Korea. That whole 'Be Don Draper' thing, I feel it's… sad. This is a fundamentally f**ked up human being." Agreed, but never has something so fucked up been so nice to look at. [Celebitchy]
Please note that Beyonce has had a lovely crib delivered to her office in New York. It is "an all-white, frilly, vintage-style iron crib, with a matching hanging frame." One assumes it is for her blessed child, Blue Ivy™, to nestle in when she comes to work with Mommyonce. You know what I somehow just realized? Blue Ivy™ is going to constantly get to listen to her mom sing. Damn, even if she wasn't going to grow up to be the richest child in history, she is still the luckiest. Of course, for the first 20 or so years of her life, she'll probably think her mother's voice is the most embarrassing thing in the world. [Us]
Do you ever get jealous of certain celebrities because of how wonderful their lives appear to be. Nope? Yeah, me neither. For instance, I am not at all jealous that Penelope Cruz and her totally unsexy husband Javier Bardem have just rented a luxury apartment in London that is right across the street from Kensington Palace, where boring old Prince William and Kate Middleton live (and now Prince Harry, too!). I mean, that must be totally lame, right? To have to ask to borrow a cup of sugar from a Princess. Pshhht. [E!]
We've known that vowel-heavy couple Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard are expecting a second baby, and now they've revealed they're having a girl. They already have a five-year-old daughter, Ramona, so now Sarsgaard will be totally outnumbered by the ladies. Sidenote: On a scale of one to ten, how happy would it make you if they named this baby Beezus? Would you settle for an official name of Beatrice if they agree to nickname her Beezus? C'mon M & P, just do it. What's the worst that could happen? Other than your daughter resenting you for the rest of your life? [E!]
- A few days back when we found out Reese Witherspoon was with child, it hardly looked like she was pregnant. Now, suddenly, she has a baby bump—just like magic. [E!]
- You guys! Courteney Cox was seen drinking at the Chateau Marmont with a man. They had martinis. Could she have broken her now-famous sexual dry spell… God, dating is painful enough as a normal person. It really, truly must suck to try doing it as a famous person. But maybe all the money and magical face potions and free clothes lessen the sting a bit. [People]
- Hmm, looks like now that someone's show has been cancelled, they're looking to downsize. Don't want to name any names. On a totally unrelated note, Rosie O'Donnell has just put her giant mansion in Miami on the market. So, if you've got a spare $19.5 million you might want to buy it as, like, an extra house where you can store your old bike and those boxes of books that you've been meaning to get rid of. [TMZ]
- Singer Robbie Williams and his wife Ayda Field are celebrity couple #87,342 this year to announce they're expecting a baby. He said on his website, "I've been keeping a secret from you all…Me and Ayda are going to be Mummy and Daddy this year! We had sex! It works!" Thanks for spelling it out there, bud. [Us]
- Charlie Sheen may be deeply annoying most of the time, but he's actually quite amusing in this commercial he did with Jimmy Fallon for a fake cologne called Clone. [Vulture]
- Remember back in February, when Chris Brown got busted for stealing a girl's iPhone outside of a club after she tried to take a photo of him? Well, the matter has not yet been resolved. They're still investigating and charges may yet be filed against him. It's important, because if charges are filed, it could really mess things up for him since he's still on probation for an earlier incident, which you may also remember. (Hint: he beat the crap out of Rihanna.) [E!]
- News junkies take note: Keith Olbermann was sacked today from Al Gore's Current TV. He's being replaced by Eliot Spitzer. That's gotta be double ouch for K-Olbz. [TMZ]