Our favorite little guidette Snooki is certainly keeping us on our toes these days. First, came the news that she is having a baby with her boyfriend, Jionni LaValle, and now a mysterious source has revealed that the pair is engaged. But it's probably legit since she's sporting a brand new rock on that all important finger.
Snooki has gone on the record before about how she believed they would get married, and specifically about how she would like a very large engagement ring. She even threatened to say no if the ring was too small, but if she's wearing it, he must have gotten one exquisite enough for her exacting tastes. Snooki is currently busy filming her Jersey Shore spin-off with JWoww. As soon as she's done, she'd better turn her attention to filming Snooki's Wedding Spectacular, because something tells me her nuptials are going to put My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding to shame. [People, HuffPo]
Back in December, Nick Lachey said he and wife Vanessa Lachey were in no great hurry to produce offspring to inherit their fortune, and so we let down our baby bump guard. Well, while we were busy not staring intently at Vanessa's waist, she totally pulled one over on us and got knocked up. Nick announced the big news this morning while co-hosting "Live! With Kelly." Like true self-promotion pros, Vanessa then followed the TV announcement with a tweet: "Finally, Nick and I are ready to share Our news... We have been Blessed with a little Angel! We can't wait to meet Baby Lachey!!!" Ok, now I kind of hope they have twins and name them Angel and Baby Lachey. The child (or children, if my wish comes true) will arrive at the end of the summer. Hopefully Vanessa will not have to be pregnant for as long as it seems like Nick's ex-wife Jessica Simpson has been. [Ministry of Gossip]
Instead of returning the wedding gifts she and Kris Humphries got for their ill-fated union, Kim Kardashian has decided to make a donation to charity for double the value of the gifts. Guests got elaborate cards acknowledging their gift and explaining that she's made the donation to the Dream Foundation in their honor. Hmm. So does this mean the guests can write off the value of her gift as a tax-deductible donation? Because she can surely write off the roughly $200,000 donation she's making. [TMZ]
Kris Humphries, for his part, feels that Kim should have given the gifts back to people and then made a charitable donation in addition to that. Looks like Kim won yet another round. [TMZ]
Ruh roh. There's more trouble in Paula Deen land. The general manager of her restaurant Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House is suing Paula and her brother Bubba Hiers, with whom she co-owns the restaurant, for sexual harassment, infliction of emotional distress, and assault. Lisa Jackson, who worked there from 2005 to 2010, claims Bubba brought "inescapable pornography" into the kitchen and did all kinds of other awful things like kissing her and spitting on her. Oh, and he and Deen both allegedly also used the N word and made racist jokes. It's hard to believe that someone named Bubba would behave in anything but a professional manner, yet somehow these claims seem totally possible. Jackson is saying she was forced to quit and is seeking damages. There's been no comment from the Bubba-Deen camp. [TMZ, Radar]
After revealing at the end of last week that he was suffering from an autoimmune disease that was like lupus but wasn't lupus, Nick Cannon went on Good Morning America today and clarified:
The technical term is lupus nephritis. It's a rare form of lupus that's just attacking my kidneys. They thought it was just kidney disease and then they were trying to figure out why my immune system was attacking my kidneys and that was sort of the root of it all.
So it is lupus after all, just not the common kind. Cannon says he's having to get more sleep and eat better to ensure he stays healthy, but he says he's got plenty of help from wife Mariah Carey, who keeps him in line. [Radar]
- Demi Moore is back from rehab and her vacation in the Turks and Caicos. She flew into LA last night on a private jet, and of course there was a photographer there to capture her "dramatic" return. From the photo, it's possible to tell that Demi is wearing a shirt, has arms and legs, and still has long hair. But TMZ is describing her as "healthy-lookin'," and we'll have to take their word for it. Apparently, the paparazzi wasn't the only welcoming committee she had. There was also a mystery woman was on the tarmac waiting to give her a bear hug. Dun dun dun! (Welcome home, Demi.) [TMZ]
- Angelina Jolie took her daughters Vivienne and Shiloh on a little outing on Sunday. There's a picture of the trio in which Vivienne's lips look extra bright. This has led some people to become concerned that Angelina is letting the three-year-old wear lipstick. First of all, that is not yet illegal in the US, so we probably shouldn't be concerned if she was. But it probably wasn't lipstick, seeing as they spent part of the day eating a bunch of candy, and nothing dyes lips faster than a few doses of artificially colored sugar. So let's all take a few deep breaths. She's simply letting her child eat toxic doses of sugar, not letting her wear whore paint. [Us]
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux spent a "sexy" weekend in New York which involved eating salads and shopping for new glasses frames. Hotttt! [OMG!]
- Yesterday after finishing a Swedish cross-country ski marathon, Pippa Middleton got a kiss from a stranger. But today we are learning that before she left for the ski trip, she got a goodbye kiss at the airport from her on-again off-again boyfriend George Percy. So many kisses for Pippa. (That sounds like the name of a terrible children's book.) [People]
- Mila Kunis would like a bigger ass. After she lost all that weight for her role in Black Swan she says she gained it back in different places than it had been before. And now she feels she does not have enough junk in her trunk. [OMG!]
- Lindsay Lohan went to the afterparty following her Saturday Night Live hosting gig, and when she arrived there were apparently lots of fans and photographers waiting outside, eager to get a shot of her. As she was walking through the group, somebody had the balls to hold out the infamous picture of her asleep in the car, snoring, which was taken the weekend she was busted for a DUI. The fan was hoping for an autograph, but Lindsay either didn't see it or pretended not to see it, since she cruised by and went into the party—where she reportedly behaved herself. [NY Post]
- Whoa. Aaliyah died more than ten years ago, but apparently a new album of her songs is going to be coming out soon. [The Grio]
- In celebrity hair news, Willow Smith had dyed hers bright green. Pink has dyed hers a little bit pink. [OMG!, People]
- Ouch. Adam Lazzara, singer for Taking Back Sunday, had a tree fall on top of him this weekend. He was at a recording studio in rural Michigan. He'd stepped outside for a smoke when the wind picked up and took a tree down. It landed on his leg and shattered it, trapping him underneath. (See, smoking is dangerous!) Luckily he's OK, but he'll be in a cast for the next four to six weeks. [TMZ]
- Oh lordy. Teen Mom's Jenelle Evans was arrested again after she learned that there was an outstanding warrant for her and turned herself in. She's been released on bail. [ONTD]
- Comedian Steve Bridges, who was most famous for doing his impersonation of former President George W. Bush, died this weekend at home in Los Angeles. He was 48, and he appears to have died of natural causes.