Lindsay Lohan sat down today with Matt Lauer for a "no holds barred" interview. We were expecting all kinds of shocking revelations, but, at least from what's been released so far, it sounds like LiLo has managed to do the most shocking thing of all: pull herself together.
So what does this clean and sober version of Lindsay see herself doing now? Less partying and more working, if she has her way. Lauer asked her directly if she's still able to go out and be at parties. She said,
That's not my thing anymore. I went out, actually, a few months ago with a friend. And I was so uncomfortable. Not because I felt tempted, just because it was just the same thing that it always was before. And it just wasn't fun for me. I've become more of a homebody. And I like that.
In terms of going back to work, Lohan recognizes that she's got a long way to go to regain people's trust in her ability to not totally flake out and cost them millions of dollars:
I think that takes time. And I think that it's actions. Because people can say things all they want, but I think I still need to go through the process of proving myself, you know, with SNL, being on time, being, you know, keeping my can't say the word but stuff together.
She's definitely on board for playing Elizabeth Taylor, and she promised to Matt that she wouldn't let anyone down. OK, all of that sounds nice, but I certainly wouldn't describe this interview—or at least these excerpts—as in any way hard-hitting. Maybe Lauer is saving the most juicy bits for when the full interview airs on The Today Show this Thursday. Fingers and legs crossed. [NBC]
Angelina Jolie, her now independently famous right leg, and her twins, Knox and Vivienne, all went shopping with Brad Pitt's mom, Jane, yesterday. They went to a kids store and loaded up on stuff for the twins, who are now almost four. Speaking of kids, Brad Pitt joked that they are due to add more to the family, since they've been averaging about two a year. Sure he cracks wise now, but who'll be laughing when they return from a trip to Siberia or Ulan Bator having adopted an entire family of seven, including the parents. [OMG!, Digital Spy]
Yesterday, Kid Rock performed at a campaign event for Mitt Romney in their shared home state of Michigan. It's an unusual pairing, especially since Kid Rock supported President Obama in 2008. But apparently Kid Rock thinks Mitt is a better choice to help Michigan. So he played "Born Free" for the crowd, and let's just thank our lucky stars that Mitt didn't try to join in. That would have been the most awkward jam session of all time. [Digital Spy]
Anne Hathaway would like you to know she's not as much of a square as she seems:
Lindsay Lohan and I have more in common than people think. We've all done things we shouldn't. It is just that I did stuff at college when nobody knew about it, so I'm not a saint. I wasted time doing self-destructive things. I found you can only dance on so many table tops. I got all that out of my system and I am healthy and grounded.
OK, we get it. You experimented in college, but I think we can all agree that Lindsay Lohan went way past the point of just dancing on a few tabletops. [OMG!]
Hunger Games star Jennifer Lawrence has told Glamour UK that she has no desire to achieve Twilight levels of fame:
I look at Kristen Stewart now and I think, I'd never want to be that famous. … I can't imagine how I'd feel if all of a sudden my life was pandemonium.
Well, seeing as your movie hasn't even come out yet, and we're already paying attention to you. I'd say you'd better brace yourself, dear, because you're going to be insanely famous whether you want it or not. [E!]
- Speaking of Twilight, Kristin Stewart and Robert Pattinson made yet another public display of affection the other night at WME's pre-Oscar bash at agent Ari Emanuel's house. If they keep this up, we might have to stop referring to these PDAs as rare. [People]
- Ooooh, it looks like Ashton Kutcher might be getting serious with Lorene Scafaria, the woman he's been seen around town with since he separated from Demi Moore. The two showed up at Madonna's Oscar party together and were holding hands and generally being affectionate. [Us]
- Why do all the Best Actress nominees this year seem like such genuinely nice people? For instance, Meryl Streep has just donated $10,000 to a struggling charter school in Central Falls, Rhode Island. It was made on behalf of Viola Davis, Streep's fellow Oscar nominee, who grew up in Central Falls and knows the man who runs the school. [Wonderwall]
- Obviously, Taylor Swift still looks perfect and beautiful without much makeup on. [Us]
- Eww, Chris Brown was out a club in Orlando this weekend, and when the DJ played Rihanna's "We Found Love," Chris loudly sang along to every word. Hopefully he didn't steal anyone else's phone on the way out of the club. [TMZ]
- Here is what Jessica Brown Findlay, aka Downton Abbey's Lady Sybil, looks like when she's all vamped out. [Telegraph]
- In the wake of her revelation that she had Type II Diabetes, Paula Deen says she's lost weight: "I've dropped two pant sizes, and I feel great!" Good for her, just please, please tell me she's not going to go the usual route after her weight loss and start selling us on her unique diet and exercise plan. I'm just not sure we have it in us to endure yet another celebrity weight loss guru. [HuffPo]
- Looks like your upcoming trip to Vegas just got royally screwed: Celine Dion has had to cancel her regular Caesars Palace concerts through June because of viral infection in her vocal chords. [Yahoo!]
- Today on CBS This Morning, 74-year-old mega author Jackie Collins spoke to Gayle King and Erica Hill about the value of having a gay best friend:
That is the most important thing in a single woman's life. You can go everywhere with them. They can become everything for you when you want them to. It's great.
- How convenient! And then when you don't want them you just put them back on the shelf in your closet, and they cease to exist until the next time you need a last minute date to that drinks thing. That doesn't sound one-sided at all. [CBS]
- Who needs Kate Middleton to have a good time? Her brother and sister, James and Pippa are planning to participate in a 56-mile cross-country ski marathon across the mountains of Sweden for charity. Let's James does something to spice the event up—we never hear anything fun about him, like what the status of his ass is or whether he is or is not pregnant. [E!]
- In case you were worried about missing the much-hyped launch of Lady Gaga's Born This Way Foundation at the Harvard Graduate School Of Education, you can watch it online here. It's Wednesday at 4 p.m. EST. [HuffPo]