Fancy scientists may have devised a totally complex formula for losing weight, but our own bloodlesscoup has done them one better:
Here's my formula for weight loss, which has led me to lose 85 pounds in about two years. I still have some weight to lose, but so far, it's been very effective:
1) Spend 25 years of your life being taught that food is: a (love), b (validation), c (reward), and d (shameful to consume in excess). Other important values include: X (confusion), Y (shame), and Z (frustration).
2) Have a sudden epiphany that: ((Y+Z)d)+((a+b+c)X) = a life of wearing mumus because nothing else will fit in the near future.
3) Take one weekend to figure out that: C (drinking coffee) + R (eating raw carrots) = D (the shits), and there might be a better way to avoid the mumu future.
4) Settle on conclusion that E(L)+F(M) = fairly quick and consistent weight loss (where E = eating, L = Less, F = fitness/exercise, and M = More), but that E(L)+F(M)/O = happier weight loss (where O = Oreos).
5) Eat less, exercise more, and still eat Oreos. Lose 85 pounds. Develop a burgeoning love of running. Don't beat yourself up over eating treats here and there. Have a healthier relationship with food and realize it doesn't replace stupid fucking ex boyfriends.
Submit nominations to the Comment of the Day tag page. Click on the comment's time stamp, and post the comment's URL to the forum along with the tag #cotd. (Replying to a comment with "#cotd" does not work.)
Use #trollpatrol to report comments that you feel the editors/mods should be aware of. Try not to respond to/approve/promote trollish comments in the threads — instead, just post the comment on the #trollpatrol page, the same way you'd post a comment on #groupthink or on the #cotd page, and the editors/mods will take care of it.
For meetups, use the meetup tag page!