For weeks and weeks, we've been speculating about whether Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel were actually engaged or whether they were just toying with our fragile minds. There were definitely doubts—she wasn't wearing a ring, he celebrated his birthday without her—but now it appears they've gone and made it official.
This weekend, after Justin did a few very funny cameos on Saturday Night Live, the couple was spotted at the SNL afterparty. And Lady Jessica was actually wearing an engagement ring, which she was reportedly happy to show off. Not only that, but, according to a source, they were even "very lovey. Holding hands. They kissed a few times in front of the crew." Well, I'll be damned. Unfortunately there don't seem to be any pics of this fabled ring, but maybe this is a sign that things are still on like Donkey Kong for these two. Looks like it's time to start getting excited for their wedding, which we will all no doubt be invited to. [OMG!]
Everyone's favorite subject of constant speculation about everything from love to baby bumps, Jennifer Aniston, has spoken out about the rumor that her relationship with Justin Theroux began on the set of their new movie Wanderlust, when, you will remember, he was still with his now ex-
wifegirlfriend. According to her, it didn't go down that way, "Nothing happened on that movie ... it's a rumor. It's the easy rumor, but nothing happened. We were just friends." In other words, she ain't no Angelina, y'all. [HuffPo]
Whitney Houston's godmother Darlene Love (best godmother name of all time, btw) has said that burying her granddaughter has given the family some closure:
The burial was very emotional and the best thing about that burial, it was like a procession. Because the people lined the streets and we looked out the windows of the car and they were crying and so it made Cissy and (Bobbi) Kristina really, really feel good... It means that they loved her no matter what... And they showed that last night… So everybody is getting over yesterday, now it's a closure and now we have to go on with life because Whitney would have wanted that.
First order of business should probably be making sure Bobbi Kristina gets the help she needs to deal with her apparent substance abuse problems, so she doesn't go down the same sad road her mother did. [Daily Express]
If you are Adele's estranged father, be advised she is not too happy with you. In fact, she's extremely angry because you sold a story to the tabloids about how you split from her mother, and that is, indeed, a pretty scummy thing to do. If you happen to run into her on the street, turn around and walk away because she's vowed to spit in your face the next time she sees you. [E!]
We have perhaps been given a bit of reprieve re: our beloved Dame Judi Dench going blind. Following the hubbub after her condition became public, she's issued this statement:
In response to the numerous articles in the media concerning my eye condition — macular degeneration — I do not wish for this to be overblown. This condition is something that thousands and thousands of people all over the world are having to contend with. It's something that I have learnt to cope with and adapt to — and it will not lead to blindness.
I guess she should know, and let's hope this means she's not going to disappear from our screens anytime soon. [Reuters]
- If you're feeling even tiny bit bad for Gisele and her beloved husband Tom Brady after their recent Super Bowl loss, don't. Tommy, G-spot, and their gorgeous son are vacationing on the beach in Costa Rica, and they look so beautiful and rich that it should really be illegal. [X17]
- Lady Gaga is going to be in the season finale of The Simpsons. The episode is called "Lisa Goes Gaga," and Gaga herself says, "I play a little bit of a slut. The apple doesn't fall far from my artistic tree." Brace yourselves, Simpsonians. [Telegraph]
- It turns out that the party company that Kate Middleton's parents, Michael and Carole Middleton, own is selling party supplies to help people get into the spirit for Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee. Hmm, is that in good taste? Or will Kate's new royal family be repulsed by this commercialism? Is selling a few "cardboard carriage teapot vases" worth risking your daughter's regal reputation? [Us]
- Nicki Minaj didn't always look like a robot created out of miscellaneous bits from an evil toy factory. She used to look pretty normal, in fact. [Vulture]
- Jennifer Lopez is in Rio de Janeiro celebrating Carnival with her boyfriend Casper Smart. She looks good, but he looks like he's wearing ladies sunglasses and could stand to have one less neck tattoo. [The Sun]
- I try to pay as little attention to Bethenny Frankel as possible, but she was on the Today Show this morning and let out some sad news. She said, after being asked if she'd consider having a second child, "It's a very personal question. We were pregnant with a second baby, and at eight weeks, I miscarried." That's too bad. On a more random and bizarre note, Frankel also talked about how she somehow burned a hole in her esophagus from taking an antibiotic. Yikes. [EW]
- Cheryl Tiegs, who has aged beautifully, was the first to get the boot from season five of Donald Trump's abysmal show, Celebrity Apprentice. Fortunately, her misfortune did spawn this one magnificent sentence:
The 64-year-old former supermodel failed as a cheese slicer in the sandwich challenge and when it was between her and reality tv star — and Mafia princess — Victoria Gotti, it was nice girl Tiegs who got the axe from Trump.
God Bless America. [HuffPo]
- Demi Lovato might have a "recovery companion" living with her to keep her on track to and motivated. Well, it that's true, it's much better to have a recovery companion than a Scientology minder! [Contact Music]
- Here are some new Hunger Games images to feed your, ahem, hunger for anything having to do with that movie. [Ace Showbiz]