Behold Blue Ivy Carter! She is so beautiful and perfect, and it's sort of hard to believe it's actually her. The photos surfaced on Tumblr a little while ago, and they sure do look genuine—there's even a hand-written note signed by the Carter Family.
We welcome you to share in our joy. Thank you for respecting our privacy during this Beautiful time in our lives.
Assuming this is not the biggest prank in the history of the internet, you have to hand it to Beyonce and Jay-Z for going right to the people and not getting a bazillion dollars from some magazine. Now, back to basking in the glory of Blue Ivy's tiny little hands and all of her gorgeous hair.
Let's take a few deep breaths and move onto a more serious topic: After a terrifying week with her violent stalker on the loose, Madonna can rest easy tonight because he is back in police custody. Robert Hoskins escaped last week from a mental hospital and was described by police as "violent and psychotic." He's also been stalking Halle Berry. Yikes. Thank goodness he is off the streets. [The Sun, Yahoo!]
Speaking of Madonna, she has spoken out about M.I.A.'s now infamous middle finger flash during the Super Bowl Half Time Show. Madge wasn't happy about it and didn't know anything about it in advance. She said of the move, "It's such a teenager…irrelevant thing to do. There was such a feeling of love and unity there. What was the point? It was just out of place." I guess we can add yet another pop star to the list of people Madonna hates. [Us]
This may come as a shock to you, but Angelina Jolie talked about her life on the red carpet, and she says it's not the real her that we see in all those fancy outfits: "Every once in a while I put a dress on and go on a red carpet but it's kind of like that funny thing you do — that party you go to — but it's not who you really are" Then who are you really, Angelina? We feel like we don't even know you anymore. [Radar]
During Adele's 60 Minutes interview with Anderson Cooper, she did an a cappella version of "Rolling in the Deep," which marks her first time singing publicly since she had surgery on her vocal chords. Damn, does she sound good. Also, Anderson revealed the adorable fact that he listens to "Rolling in the Deep" every day when he jogs. [EW]
Say what you will about the quirkiness of Elton John, but he and his partner David Furnish sound very committed to raising their one-year-old son, Zachary, in as healthy a way as possible. David says,
I think he's going to have a lot of attention thrust upon him. He's going to be potentially double stigmatised, because one of his parents is extremely famous and secondly because he comes from two dads. We've taken advice from counsellors. We've put a whole scrap book together about his creation and the people that were involved in the process and how the intent was about love.
Something about the idea of Elton John sitting at a table making a scrapbook is extremely happy-making. [The Sun]
- Excellent news for fans of Roseanne: Roseanne Barr sold a new sitcom pilot called Downwardly Mobile to NBC, and it looks like John Goodman will be joining the cast. Dan and Roseanne together again. Awesome. Except this time they won't be husband and wife, they'll reportedly be buddies at a trailer park. [Deadline]
- After having been cleared of rape allegations against him, Greg Kelly returned this morning to his spot as co-anchor of Good Day New York for the first time since January 25th. He said it had been a "tough couple of weeks," but that he was grateful for everyone's support, especially his co-anchor Rosanna Scotto. [NYO]
- There's been a lot of chatter about whether Halle Berry's baby daddy Gabriel Aubry will lose custody of their daughter Nahla after he got aggressive with the nanny, but "sources" are apparently saying that he is not going to lose custody after all. Though a judge has just ruled that he has to have a monitor with him for now whenever he is with her. No word on how Halle's possible move to France could affect things. [Radar, TMZ]
- Jennifer Lopez is naked in an ad for her new perfume Glowing. This is apparently her 18th fragrance, which seems bananas. Oh, and she's naked because the scent is all about being clean. [Just Jared]
- Gabrielle Union was flagged while she was going through airport security, and they then proceeded to pat down her weave. Good to know that the TSA is on alert for important national security threats like fake hair and cupcakes… [Us]
- Apparently Lindsay and Ali Lohan are not a fan of their mom Dina's hair. She says they tell her, "Mom, you're looking scary." Lindsay, didn't your mother ever teach you that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones? [ONTD]
- Celebrity baby name aficionados, start your engines. Jason Lee and his wife Ceren are expecting their second child together. It'll be a boy, and will join 3-year-old sister Casper and brother Pilot Inspektor, who is Lee's son from a previous relationship. We can only hope that Lee will continue to innovate when it comes to finding an appropriate moniker. [E!]
- Brad Goreski has hinted that "something so magical happens between Gary and myself" at the end of the first season of his show It's a Brad, Brad World. Oooh oooh oooh, what could it be? He is referring, of course, to his partner Gary Janetti, who, in my humble opinion, is one of the most likeable people currently on television. Do you think they're going to get married? [Yahoo!]
- Model Lily Aldridge was out on the town, showing off her newly pregnant body. Some are calling it her baby bump, but I will call her protruding abdomen. [E!]
- Finally, a bit of very sad news: Jesse Farrelly, the 20-year-old son of director Bobby Farrelly and nephew of director Peter Farrelly, has died of a possible drug overdose. [E!]