When it comes to the failed marriage of Courteney Cox and David Arquette, usually it's David that's doing the oversharing. But today Courteney turned everything on its head by opening up to Howard Stern about the specifics of her sex life, or rather her lack thereof. She told him—along with the entire world—that she hasn't had sex in a year. Good to know!
She said she has not been with anyone since she and David split up for a very simple reason: "I'm really not ready. … I'm just not there." Actually, that sounds very wise indeed. Stern even called her "mature," which coming from him I'm not sure is a compliment, but he's right.
She also reported that no one has even asked her out, which puts to bed those rumors about her carrying on an affair with a costar. She did say, though, that she's almost ready to get back in the proverbial saddle—and even Arquette is pushing her to get back out there. So there you have it, more than you ever wanted to know about the sex life of Cox and Friends. [Extra TV]
As we discussed yesterday, Ashton Kutcher has just turned 34, and for his birthday, he says he has only one wish: to end the sexual exploitation of children. Aww, that is actually really great. Here's the video of him asking you to donate to his cause, so you can feel the tug on your own personal heartstrings. [Extra TV]
Things are becoming increasingly fishy with the supposed engagement of Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel. First, there was the whole dust-up about her not wearing a ring. And now it seems JT spent the weekend skiing with friends in British Columbia to celebrate his 31st birthday, and JB was not in attendance. True, she's in the middle of shooting a movie, but that doesn't mean something is not amiss with these two. [CDaN]
Damn, Mommyoncé is wasting no time getting back on the scene. Bey made her first post-baby appearance on Monday at Jay-Z's Carnegie Hall show, and then she turned up again last night looking just as smashing in a different outfit. She's wearing a lot of blue stuff, which I guess is supposed to remind her of Blue Ivy™. That might be too cute, or it might just be too much. I can't quite decide. [Extra TV]
Adele, in the run-up to her Grammy performance, is appearing on 60 Minutes. She opened up about the difficulties of her throat surgery. The most notable highlight? She used an app to make her phone swear for her when she couldn't talk. That's my kind of gal. [CBS]
- First Jake Gyllenhaal had lunch with a beautiful mystery woman in New York, and then he received a very small bouquet from a mysterious old man at the Berlin airport. Some guys have all the luck. [BWE]
- Speaking of Berlin, Angelina Jolie and her posse of offspring have also just arrived there to attend the city's film festival. It doesn't seem like Brad Pitt was with them. Where was he? Is he OK? Are they splitting up? Ahhh. OMG, EVERYBODY PANIC! [E!]
- M.I.A. is suddenly all over the news these days. First, the middle finger. Then the split from her fiancé, and now a rider from her 2011 tour has been unearthed. In it, she has some normal requests, like "organic fruit plates, 'European' cheese, spring water (Evian or Fiji), Ketel One vodka, absinthe and Red Bull." Okay, absinthe isn't that standard, but whatever. She also requests that there be three 20-25 year old extras available who will "be onstage for the full duration of the show, wearing full covered Burkas." Umm, okay, that's definitely not part of your boilerplate tour rider. Also, if they're wearing full Burkas, what does it matter if they're 26 versus 25? [HuffPo]
- Chelsea Handler has just revealed this gossipy tidbit, which is as juicy as a perfectly cooked turkey: Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux spent this past Thanksgiving—their first as a couple—at Chelsea's house. Well, la dee da. [Us]
- Catherine Hardwick, the director of the Twilight movies would like us to know just how shitty the original scripts were:
Every one of those scripts sucked. Oh, Lord, did they suck. … I thought the script was horrible, but then I looked it up on the Internet and I thought, Okay, it's based on a book and people tend to like it. There's gotta be something there. So I read the book and I thought it captured that feeling of being madly in love. And I thought, That's kind of a good challenge, to see if, as a filmmaker, I could make you feel that giddy, crazy.
They agreed to let her do rewrites, and obviously mission accomplished re: making people giddy and crazy. [Vulture]
- Kristin Davis, late of SATC and currently in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, has been so out of the spotlight lately that I'd totally forgotten she adopted a baby. Well, she did! And here is a picture of her daughter, who is adorable and named Gemma Rose. [OMG!]
- This just in: Maya Rudolph is going to return to Saturday Night Live as host on February 18th. Yes! [HuffPo]
- In other TV news, Jim Carrey was spotted filming an episode of 30 Rock. So that will probably be fun to watch. [HuffPo]
- Oh, boy. Never a dull moment for Gary Busey. He's just filed for bankruptcy and is $500,000 in debt. Yikes. [Yahoo!]
- Famous movie score composer John Williams is turning 80 today. Cue the dramatic and moving orchestral arrangement. [HuffPo]