Just when it seems that Gwyneth Paltrow has said all of the ridiculous, pretentious things that could ever be said, she does another magazine interview and the fountain of delight fills up yet again. Lucky for us, she's given us myriad morsels of insight in this month's Harper's Bazaar. Foremost among them, she takes baths with Apple and Moses, her school-aged children, and she doesn't like Botox.
First, the bathing! She talks about her routine with the kids, and it turns out she gives them their baths at night—from inside the tub. "We all get into the tub together," she said. Hmm, okay? Her kids are five and seven. Is co-bathing a thing people do now? Also, doesn't the tub get really crowded? And doesn't all that bath water parch her delicate angel skin? So many questions.
Speaking of her skin, she says she's all about aging naturally: "I'll take my wrinkles. I don't like the Botox thing." Oh, oops, except, she does do "little things, like lasers." That's cool. I'm sure they're organic lasers.
And, finally, it would not be an interview with Lady Goop if we didn't hear an obsessive accounting of what she's eating these days. Fire away! "I have a lot of inflammation in my system, so I'm not having anything I'm allergic to—no gluten, no dairy, no sugar." She can tell she's due for a detox because, "I'll wake up exhausted; I can feel my adrenal cortex being really high. When I get into bed, my heart will pound, my skin won't be good, I'll feel cranky, and then I'll just know it's time." Sometimes, you just know, you know? [Celebitchy]
Well, February got off to a sad start today. Don Cornelius, the creator and host of the show Soul Train died this morning of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. TMZ is reporting that he didn't leave a suicide note, but he had health problems for years and was reportedly suffering from unbearable pain.
Cornelius created his groundbreaking dance show in 1970, and it went on to air for 35 years, showcasing countless musicians and dancers along the way. Statements are starting to pour in from his many famous pals. Quincy Jones says of his friend and colleague, "Don was a visionary pioneer and a giant in our business. Before MTV, there was ‘Soul Train.' That will be the great legacy of Don Cornelius. His contributions to television, music and our culture as a whole will never be matched." [NY Times, TMZ]
There's been speculation all day that our tiny little gem of a guidette, Snooki, was pregnant. But she emphatically denied it to the paparazzi, saying, "Why are people calling me fat? That's so rude!" It is rude! When they asked her if she was pregnant, she snapped,"No!" But don't worry, just because it's not happening right this second, doesn't mean we'll be denied the joy of a mini-Snooki forever. According to Snooks, "In the future, I want to get married." [OMG]
Hey girl, if you are looking for a very special way to celebrate Valentine's Day, Time Warner Cable is offering Ryan Gosling On Demand for the month of February. No, Ryan himself will not come into your house through your cable box (a real shame); rather a bunch of his drool-worthy movies will be available on demand. That's not really that amazing, seeing as you can watch a lot of them on DVD or online anyway, but the fact that Time Warner thought to do it might be charming enough to make up just a tiny bit for their generally terrible service. [LA Weekly]
Madonna told MTV about her decision to cast her daughter Lourdes in her new movie W.E.—and then cut her out of it: "I just kind of dragged her in at the last minute. It was quite unfair of me, what I did and what I asked her to do. But she was really great, and then I ended up cutting her out of the film. Ruthless, I know." Ouch. But Lourdes wasn't permanently scarred by the experience, says her mother: "I said, 'Sorry babe, you're on the cutting room floor.' She took it like a champ." It's good to see motherhood hasn't softened Madge too much… [Vulture]
- Speculation that Prince William and Kate Middleton have adopted a puppy has proved correct. It's a Cocker Spaniel, and it's the son of a dog that Kate's mother Carole owns. Isn't that just like royals to keep it all in the family. It's a boy, but there's no word on what the little guy's name is. [Telegraph]
- Would you like to spend $15,000 for the chance to spend the evening with Jay-Z? I thought so. [Charitybuzz]
- The first pictures are here of Sarah Jessica Parker in her Gloria Steinem get-up on the set of Lovelace. She took over the role after Demi Moore dropped out, and so far I will say that on the surface SJP plus wig does not make the most convincing version of Steinem. [Us]
- Amanda Seyfried talked to Glamour about her dating fears:
I'm terrified of being promiscuous. I don't like the feeling you get when it's not something that you truly want to do, and I hate the emotional abuse you give yourself afterward. It's just uncomfortable when you're with somebody and you're like, "I don't really know if I'm even comfortable with this. Why did I? Eww!" I think dating can come without sex.
- Here are some shovels and hoes, why don't you use them to dig into that quote. [Us]
- Continuing with the sad news, Leslie Carter, the 25-year-old sister of Backstreet Boy Nick Carter and singer Aaron Carter, died suddenly yesterday. Now it's being reported that she'd been battling an addiction to prescription drugs, and they likely played a role in her death. [TMZ]