Ashton Kutcher has been remarkably silent in the wake of his estranged wife Demi Moore's dramatic hospitalization last week, but now he is speaking loudly with his actions: He's started blocking journalists from following him on Twitter. Seriously, @aplusk, that is whack.
This move likely came on the advice of L. Stanton Stein, an attorney Kutch has hired to ensure that he comes out of this whole Demi situation unscathed. Apparently he's already blocked a number of entertainment journalists, but with 9.3 million followers, it must be a real bitch to sort through that whole list and figure out who's an "enemy."
Of course, Ashton, you must know that there's almost no point in blocking these people anyway. It's not like they can't set up a decoy account and follow you that way—or, better yet, they can just force their interns to follow your every fascinating tweet. So, if you really don't want people to know what you're up to, you could always, you know, just not tweet about it... [Radar]
Who doesn't love a bit of on-set mischief between actors—especially when it involves a giant fake penis? Channing Tatum managed to pull a pretty amusing trick on his The Vow co-star Rachel McAdams, in which he disguised his natural gift in much a much more ample package, so to speak.
He actually had the props department construct a huge, detailed prosthetic penis, which he then wore when he and McAdams were starting to film a nude scene. McAdams saw this enhanced member and wasn't sure what to make of it: "I didn't know what to do. I thought, 'Is is the real deal?' It was very realistic. It was ridiculous, the scale of it."
That's a solidly good prank. And it means Channing Tatum has finally done something that makes it seem like he has an actual personality! That is the biggest gift of all. [News.com.au]
Demi Moore is out of the hospital but no one has confirmed whether she's entered a rehab facility yet. Some have speculated she has, but wherever she is, she's not back at her house. A "source" has also said she's receiving some "spiritual counseling," which could mean pretty much anything.
Meanwhile, her children are spending time with Bruce Willis at his LA condo. Oldest daughter Rumer managed to sneak her way into a SAG Awards party last night without getting noticed by the press—a minor miracle. Someone at the party described her drop-in: "Rumer was like an apparition — she just slipped in with a friend and then was gone. She looked like she was walking on eggshells…She was just weaving through the crowd." Hmm, that doesn't sound like the most fun way to spend a party. Hopefully she found something more enjoyable to do with the rest of her evening. [Us, E! Online]
Alec Baldwin came thisclose to being our next Paula Deen. He was diagnosed as pre-diabetic in May of last year, and it prompted him to change the way he eats. He's since dropped 30 pounds, but no word on whether he's out of the woods, diabetes-wise. Also, Alec has spoken on behalf of his 30 Rock character Jack Donaghy, and let it be known that Jack is endorsing Mitt Romney for president. Alec is a Barack Obama man himself; it must be difficult to hold two such divergent beings in one body. [ People, HuffPo]
Presidential advisor David Axelrod landed a seriously badass diss on Mitt Romney earlier today. He tweeted out this sweet photo of Bo riding along with President Obama inside his limo and said, "How loving owners transport their dogs." Yesssss. He is, of course, referring to the infamous incident in which awful Mitt Romney strapped his dog to the roof of a car (inside a kennel) for a twelve-hour-drive. [ Daily Intel]
- The saga drags on for Halle Berry. After Gabriel Aubry allegedly pushed his daughter's nanny while she was holding his daughter, Halle had been trying to strip him of visitation rights. But today the Los Angeles Department of Children & Family Services recommended that their custody arrangement remain the same, and the former couple has been instructed to take a parenting class together. A judge will make the final decision at some point soon. [Radar]
- Stacy Keibler is enjoying her time escorting George Clooney down red carpets this awards season. She said,
It was really fun for me picking a dress that's comfortable, and easy was the key. And then just figuring it out, what are we going to do with this now? How am I going to do my hair? It's just fun just being a girl.
Yep, just your typical girly afternoon, picking out a dress for an awards ceremony and then walking down the red carpet with George Clooney. [HuffPo]
- Jerry Seinfeld and Jay Leno have teamed up for an Acura Super Bowl commercial. It is so perfect in its mediocrity that it's almost a work of art. [E! Online]
- It must be a slow news day, because this is an actual headline from Us: "Who Has Better Black Mascara Tears: Kim Kardashian or Lauren Conrad?" Umm, I wasn't aware that was even a thing you could "do" better than anyone else. [Us]
- Well, I'll be damned, after all these years, the Spice Girls look set to reunite. And they're going to do it in celebration of Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee celebration. No doubt the Queen will be truly honored by their presence. [Vulture]
- An exciting milestone has been reached for the new season of Arrested Development for Netflix: the entire cast has now been confirmed and production is underway. [ONTD]
- Even more good news from TV Land: Mindy Kaling has sold a half-hour comedy pilot to Fox. The show will star Kaling as an OB/GYN, and she's also writing it. Yes, please! [Vulture]
- Oops, rapper Bow Wow (whom you might remember from his previous incarnation as Lil' Bow Wow) owes the IRS more than $100,000. [The Grio]
- Singer Camilla Williams, who was the first black woman to appear in a major U.S. opera company production, has died of cancer. She was 92. [Yahoo!]