Pat Sajak admitted in an interview with ESPN2 today that he was often drunk when he filmed Wheel of Fortune back in the day. Thank you, Pat, for confirming what most of us already knew in our hearts. He spilled the dirty details about what went on during the breaks between shows, and they're actually pretty hilarious.
At NBC in Burbank we had a place called Los Arcos across the street — which is Spanish, as you know, for 'The Arcos' — and they served great margaritas. Vanna and I would go across and have two or three or six and then come and do the last shows and have trouble recognizing the alphabet.
Not the most professional behavior, but in fairness to him, Wheel of Fortune is a lot more fun to watch when you're intoxicated. He's since cleaned up his act and doesn't have the tolerance he once did: "Now, if I were to inhale the cork in a bottle of wine, I'd probably keel over." Oh, and he also revealed that Vanna White smells "great." Of course she does. [Ministry of Gossip]
Everyone keeps telling me you get fired from at least one set in your life, and I haven't been fired yet. I've been fired on little things, but nothing big. So now every time I'm on a set, I'm like, "This could be the one."
Something tells me now that she's been nominated for an Oscar, she'll no longer have to sweat being axed. [E! Online]
- Ok, this is actually pretty cute. Tom Cruise got in some quality one-on-one time with Suri today. He took her to Disneyland, where she got her face painted and then rode a few rides. [Celebuzz]
- From the department of mixed messages: Seal and Heidi Klum are both still wearing their wedding rings. [E!]
- George Clooney says he's planning to pull a prank on Brad Pitt so powerful that it will end Brad's career. Man, first the cane, now this. He can't catch a break. [Extra TV]
- Katy Perry is going to make her first public appearance since things ended with Russell Brand. She'll be at some party at a hotel in Las Vegas, if you want to go see for yourself whether she looks totally heartbroken or completely over it. [OMG!]
- Speaking of Russell Brand, there are some very vague sounding reports that he's already seeing other ladies, after not even a month has passed since he announced his divorce. [Us]
- Whilst in London, Taylor Swift paid a visit to the Princess Diana memorial fountain in Hyde Park. She also went to the zoo and a café. Sounds like a jolly good time. [USA Today]
- Man, Sundance is rough on people's health this year. Yesterday, Julie Delpy was participating in a panel and had to leave in the middle of it to go to the hospital to be treated for a terrible migraine. She's okay now. Let's hope this festival wraps up without anyone else being felled. [Vulture]
- I invite you to watch this video of Glenn Close and Henry Winkler trying to pry open a giant box of chocolates. [Extra TV]
- Fans of Dwight Schrute rejoice! Rainn Wilson is being given his own The Office spin-off. It will feature Dwight at home on the beet farm and could be here as soon as the middle of next year. [OMG!]
- Wow, it has been forever since I thought about Drew Carey. But now I am reminded of his existence because it turns out he's ended his four-year-long engagement to Nicole Jaracz. That's bummer, so let's go back to not thinking about him. [Us]
- Reese Witherspoon has bangs now! [E!]