We've all been hoping for the best for Demi Moore since her split from Ashton Kutcher, but she's definitely seemed a bit stressed of late. And now we've learned that she was rushed to the hospital last night for a substance abuse related issue. Oh no, Demi!
TMZ reports that there was a 911 call at 10:45 last night, and paramedics responded to her house. She was then taken to the hospital, and is now headed to a treatment facility of some kind. Her rep gave this statement, "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends." Here's hoping she comes through this a much happier and healthier person.
Tim Gunn seems like the most mild-mannered, least shocking person on the planet, but he just opened up about his sex life for his new show The Revolution, and, frankly, it's a little shocking. Not because of what he does but because of what he doesn't do. Here's what he said, "I haven't had sex in 29 years. Do I feel like less of a person because of it? No. Not even remotely." He then somewhat tearfully revealed that a past relationship caused him to choose celibacy. Gunn explained that an ex-partner ended their relationship abruptly and."was impatient with my sexual performance." Who is this person? Because I think there are now about one million Tim Gunn fans who would like to teach him a lesson. You do not hurt the Gunn!
He also explained that he was motivated by health concerns. It was on "the cusp of AIDS," he said, "and a lot of people retreated, concerned about their health. I know I certainly was. I'm happy to be healthy and alive, quite frankly." We are obviously happy he's alive too. And while it may seem like a drastic step to some, it's totally worked for him, which is all that matters. He says, "I am a perfectly happy, fulfilled individual, and I have feelings. It's not as though I'm some barren forest." From now on, just think of Tim as a beautiful, lush magical forest where you can see the trees but can't touch them. [EW]
Jennifer Aniston has bought a giant new house in Bel Air. TMZ describes it as "the SICKEST mansion ever." I'm not sure I would go that far, but it does look pretty nice. It's 8,500 square feet and ran her a cool $21 million. In case you're tempted to think that she bought it to house the child she is possibly pregnant with, think again. She was seen ordering a dirty martini this weekend while she was out having dinner with Justin Theroux, Jason Bateman, and his wife Amanda Anka. Ahh, it must be so fun to be famous and have everyone obsessively watching everything you eat and drink… Maybe she should just start drinking her water out of martini glasses. That will keep us all guessing! [TMZ, People]
After not receiving an Oscar nomination for his role in Young Adult (robbed!), the hilarious Patton Oswalt made the best of the situation. He started tweeting at Albert Brooks, who was also snubbed for Drive, that a bunch of the actors who hadn't been nominated were getting together. Here's the full story:
Join me for a drink at The Drawing Room,@AlbertBrooks? Me and Serkis have been here since 6am.
See you later tonight. Might be out of booze — Serkis has Pogues on the jukebox & Fassbender just showed up in a pirate hat.
Oh shit — we're DEFINITELY going to run out of booze. Charlize & Tilda just pulled up in a stolen police car.
Dude, GET DOWN HERE. Gosling is doing keg stands and Olsen & Dunst LITERALLY just emerged from a shower of rose petals.
Nolte & Plummer just drove past, mooning us. Serkis & Tilda are signing "Is There Life on Mars?"
Oops — Von Trier just pulled up in a pass van dressed as Goering. "Let's go to Legoland!" With a boozy hurrah, we're out!
Oh. My. God. Just pulled up to Legoland. DiCaprio's rented the park for the day. Dibs on the Duplo Gardens! #andscene
There is literally no dollar amount I wouldn't pay to gain access to this imaginary get-together. [Vulture]
Now that Melissa McCarthy has been nominated for an Oscar (yay!), she's got to worry about what she'll say to fellow nominee Glenn Close. Here are her thoughts on the matter:
I hope I can figure out something else to say to Glenn Close other than 'Holy s––– you're Glenn Close.' I just think she makes beautiful, smart, perfect decisions in her characters and roles she plays. She looms very large to me. If I get to re-meet her. I hope I say something that's not as jackass-y.
I'm betting she'll do just fine during her Close encounter. [People]
- Speaking of McCarthys, excuse me while I take a moment to say "Wait? What?" over and over again, because I just found out that Jenny McCarthy and Melissa McCarthy are cousins?! Mind = blown. It just seems so random, like aren't there one gazillion McCarthys in the world? What are the chances that they'd both end up being so famous? Also, Jenny tweeted some nice congrats to cousin Melissa for her Oscar nomination. Don't mind me, I'll just be over here going "Huh, wow, " all night. [ICYDK]
- Brad Pitt celebrated his Oscar nomination by making pancakes for his whole family—and with that many kids in the house, that must be a shitload of pancakes. [HuffPo]
- After passing out at Sundance, Tracy Morgan is back at work on the set of 30 Rock, and he's wasting no time making light of how much attention his health scare got. He tweeted,
"On the set of 30 Rock, just walked past @alecbaldwin and said Top That!" BURN! [Ministry of Gossip]
- Continuing her campaign to publicly show off her very cute daughter as much as possible, Katherine Heigl brought 3-year-old Naleigh with her on The View today. [Just Jared]
- After her baby daddy, Gabriel Aubry, got abusive with their nanny, Halle Berry has gone to court to try to strip him of custody of their daughter, Nahla. [Radar]
- Courtney Cox is now on Twitter, y'all. It looks like she's in that phase were she replies to anyone who says something to her, so get in and ask her your burning questions while the gettin' is good. And in a show of niceness not usually seen between exes, she received a warm welcome from former hubby David Arquette. Look at Twitter, just bring us all together like a couple of old friends. (Ugh, sorry, had to get it in there somehow!) [E!]
- Sharon Osbourne has promised to be the "grandmother from hell" when her first grandchild arrives in April. Fortunately, she said she'll be terrible in the "spoiling the child" department and not in the "spraying the child with bat blood and forcing it to do cocaine department." [CNN]
- Here's what Anthony Hopkins said when he was asked what his ideal night would be:
Staying in and watching Mob Wives on TV. I don't have many friends; I'm very much a loner. As a child I was very isolated and I've never been really close to anyone. Ask nothing, expect nothing. That's my creed. We're all just a bunch of sinners crashing around in the darkness.
Well, he certainly sounds like bright and cheerful companion for an evening! [Guardian]
- Cynthia Nixon has gone bald, and it looks pretty darn good. She shaved her head for her role as a cancer patient in Wit, which is about to open on Broadway. [OMG!]
- Etta James's funeral has been set for Saturday in Los Angeles. The Reverend Al Sharpton will deliver her eulogy at the private ceremony, and there will be a public viewing on Friday. [Yahoo!]