So, this can apparently happen: a woman's body "swallowed" her breast implant during her Pilates workout. She was performing a breathing exercise called the Valsalva when "the pectoralis [chest] muscle likely contracted and pushed the implant through the space between her ribs." The woman had received the implants after a double mastectomy, and a heart operation had also weakened her ribs. So this disturbing accident probably wouldn't happen to just anyone — but it's sad that a woman who's already been through so much had to deal with an implant getting sucked back into her body. On the plus side, she reportedly felt no pain, and doctors were able to put the implant back in the right place.
Image via Marcello Silvestre/Shutterstock.com