This time of year brings out the best in all of us, and even Kim Kardashian is getting into the holiday spirit. The tarnished star has traveled to Haiti to spend some time "giving back" with the charity cWe Advance, which calls itself "a movement to advance the health, safety, and well being of women throughout Haiti." It was co-founded by actress Maria Bello, who's also on the trip. According to a source, this isn't Kim's attempt to do some last minute damage control: "Her intention was always to take the end of the year to focus on some of the other things that are important to her and this trip was one." Of course her mother Kris Jenner is also with her, lest Kim get one bit of attention that she's not involved in. [People]
- Oprah is also heading to Haiti today where she will be hosted by President Michel Martelly. He's seeking a little bit of O's legendary magic to help his struggling country: "I am hoping she will serve as an ambassador for Haiti, to help us get the kind of assistance needed." [HuffPo]
- Fans of Adele may have to wait a little longer than hoped for her next album to come out. After throat surgery, the 23-year-old singer told Billboard that she's planning to take some time off to relax:
I imagine I'll be 25 or 26 by the time my next record comes out, as I haven't even thought about my third record yet. I'm just gonna lay some concrete, set up home and just 'be' for a bit. I'll disappear and come back with a record when it's good enough. There will be no new music until it's good enough and until I'm ready.
- As sure as the sun rises and sets, rumors of a divorce between Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have once again begun bubbling up. Time to start preparing yourselves for either a lengthy show of public unity from the stars or their actual divorce. [Hollywood Life]
- Remember when Susan Boyle said she'd never been kissed? Well, turns out she was joking. Now she's explaining that, in fact, she was kissed for the first time by a boy when she was 25. She says,
I had a boyfriend. He kissed me, for God's sake. My Dad didn't like him. He said he wasn't right for me. In many ways it was a narrow escape. I was in love with him but he made someone else pregnant soon after. My Dad decided that particular boy was not for me.
- Kris Humphries is saying he felt ambushed when he was prodded about his divorce during his appearance on Good Morning America. As was obvious from the pinched look on his face during the interview, he didn't expect to be hammered with questions about Kim and thought he was mostly there to talk basketball. ABC has responded by saying "there were no ground rules" for the interview. [OMG!]
- Leonardo DiCaprio's bulldog Django apparently has a serious farting problem, and it makes people not want to fly on private jets with him... Luckily Leo either doesn't notice or doesn't mind the pooch's stinky habits. [Showbiz Spy]
- Kirsten Dunst was granted a temporary restraining order against a French man who's been stalking her—sending her more than 50 letters and coming to the U.S. to find her. He also showed up on her mom's doorstep last week. Eek. For the time being he's got to stay 100 yards away from the actress, and later this month a judge will decide whether to extend the order for three years. [E! Online]
- After being arrested for cocaine possession last week, Charlie Sheen's ex-wife Brooke Mueller has agreed to go back to rehab. [TMZ]
- Alanis Morissette is going to be on Up All Night. Fittingly, she's playing a member of the band that Maya Rudolph's character was once in. [Aol TV]
- Angelina Pivarnick, of Jersey Shore "fame," is involved in a series of lawsuits over a fight that happened in a Staten Island mall. Fun times. [TMZ]
- Bobby Brown's 82-year-old father, Herbert, died yesterday of cancer. [TMZ]