Regis Philbin, who has co-hosted Live! for the past 28 years, left the show Friday saying that the show lasted so long because "people tell me why they watch it...because it makes them feel better. And it can't get any better than that. It makes them happy."
Regis said he wanted a show that would make people feel better about themselves and cause people to "look at life in maybe a different way, a funnier way," and that after all these years he's "going out a pretty proud and happy guy."
Donald Trump, Kathie Lee Gifford and Tony Danza were also in attendance and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg presented Regis with a key to the city.
- The Hong Kong Disneyland opened up a Toy Story attraction designed to make attendees feel like the size of a small toy. [HollywoodReporter]
- The outrageous cost of Edward and Bella's wedding in Twilight: Breaking Dawn. [Centives]
- George Clooney might be playing Steve Jobs in an upcoming movie. [Sun]
- Rihanna is planning a pretty "raunchy" performance on X Factor. [Express]
- Lady Gaga's new perfume will smell like "an expensive hooker". [ONTD]
- Gorillaz will be releasing a new track and teaming up with Converse. [ONTD]
- Arrested Development is headed to Netflix! [AOL]
- Kathy Griffin does a Madonna-style photo shoot. [ONTD]
- Emma Stone thinks Diane Keaton is "so beautiful" and she says she talks about Keaton "literally every day". [JustJared]
- Nooooooo! Cougartown had its episode number cut and has been put on hiatus. [AV Club]