Everyone's favorite hot younger sister Pippa Middleton is back on the market! She has broken up with her longtime boyfriend Alex Loudon and, though they've split before, now it's apparently for realsies. It seems there's been trouble in royal sibling paradise for a while. Several months ago Alex and Pippa got in a fight in front of the other guests during a friend's wedding and caused quite a stir. A very intriguing rumor also had it that Alex was jealous because Pippa flirted with Prince Harry. Ooh, Pippa!
Sadly, according to a source, "The truth is, she and Harry are just [friends]." Okay, but are we, like, 110% sure about that? Or could they be secretly in love but are just too afraid to admit it, even to themselves? Oh, please pleeease let them become more than friends! If those two got together it would create a Royal-Celebrity-Tabloid-Wedding shitstorm of such epic proportions that it might be enough to drown us all in a wave of our own shrieks and tears. [Radar]
- Sometimes it seems like everyone who appears on reality television catches a magical virus that allows them to make money from anything they touch. The latest person to be infected by this jealousy-inducing epidemic is Evelyn Lozada, costar of Basketball Wives and fiancé of football player Chad Ochocinco. She's signed deal with the aptly named Cash Money Content to create literary and feature film projects. Evelyn's first project is book series about her alter ego, "Eve Inez-Landon,'' who, of course, is "also conveniently dating a professional athlete." That is convenient! [Miami Herald]
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are in Vietnam with their sizeable brood of children. Their seven-year-old son, Pax, was born there, and this trip comes after Jolie said earlier this year that they were due for a visit to his home country so he could stay in touch with his roots. [People]
- Looks like the Kim Kardashian-Kris Humphries divorce is officially on like Donkey Kong. Humphries has hired a lawyer, and it's supposed to be smooth sailing from here on out because the couple had a prenup. Plus they were married for so little time that they probably didn't even have time to buy anything over which they could argue. [TMZ]
- Before he was into Gwyneth Paltrow, Coldplay singer Chris Martin had a real thing for Fergie, the former Duchess of York. Yep, you read that right! The singer says her cleavage was the inspiration for his first song.
I was 11 years old when I wrote my first song. It was a terrible song about people being more obsessed with Sarah Ferguson's t*ts than what was really happening in the world. I kept it clean as you couldn't swear where I was from. I was singing very high and no one was listening.
Well, you have to start somewhere. [The Sun]
- Cool teen actress Hailee Steinfeld and cool teen fashion blogger Tavi Gevinson went to Disneyland together yesterday, and it's a miracle that their combined poise and awesomeness did not swirl together and create some sort of teen girl coolness black hole right there in the center of the park. [Just Jared]
- The Bachelor star Shayne Lamas has given birth to an 11/11/11 baby. She and her husband Nik Richie welcomed Press Dahl Lamas-Richie earlier today, and according to her father she's, "The coolest baby in the history of female kind." [E! Online]
- Even though she got famous for being the quintessential single girl on Sex and the City, Sarah Jessica Parker has been married to Matthew Broderick since 1997 and says she's proud they've made it work for so long. So what's SJP's secret?
We don't talk about our marriage a lot, which is probably wise. There are so many other things in our life that take precedence over splitting the atom of our marriage."
It's like that old maxim, "If it ain't broke, don't talk endlessly about trying to fix it." [Digital Spy]
- He may star in Game of Thrones, but Peter Dinklage says he isn't normally a big fan of fantasy because the genre has a habit of portraying dwarves in a one-dimensional way:
[I]t is a bit narrow-minded sometimes, where if they have a dwarf character, the shoes have to curl up at the end, he has this inherent wisdom, he isn't sexual, all of that. You look at something like Snow White, and each of the dwarves is just one thing—this one sneezes, this one is angry, this one is tired. And that's sometimes still true for modern-day stories. But it's not just for dwarves, that could be the case for anybody, for women, for people of color.
- Oh no. There has been yet another injury on the injury-plagued stage of Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark. This time Matthew James Thomas, the guy who plays Spider-Man/Peter Parker, cut his head backstage and had to get stitches. What is going on in that theater? Maybe they've got their own Phantom of the Opera who finds Bono's foray into musicals offensive. [Newsday]
- There's a private funeral planned for Heavy D in New York next Friday, and the guest list is said to be pretty exclusive. In addition to his family and close friends, some of his famous pals got an invite, including Mary J. Blige, Diddy, and "a few of the Wayans brothers." (Are they all interchangeable now?) There will be a public viewing on Thursday for his fans to pay their respects. [TMZ]
- While touring in the U.K., Kelly Clarkson was viciously attacked by a cup of hot tea! The singer took to the stage Thursday night with her right hand wrapped in a bandage, and she told fans she'd been scalded when she spilled a hot beverage on herself. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! [Daily Express]