It looks like Bieberbabydaddygate is on its last skinny-jean-clad legs and will soon be dead forever. It's been discovered that Mariah Yeater, the 20-year-old woman who's become infamous overnight for saying that Justin Bieber is the father of her child, made an earlier claim that the baby was, in fact, fathered by her ex-boyfriend, John Terranova. Goodnight, sweet credibility!
Apparently, Yeater showed up at Terranova's house in December 2010 and told him she was pregnant with his child—the very same child she's now claiming belongs to Bieber. Terranova didn't believe Yeater's claim, and this caused her to fly into a rage and break a car window. The police had to come, and it was an ugly situation. Oh no! This sounds like a case for paternity detective Maury Povich. [TMZ]
But wait, there's more! Bieber got on the phone with TMZ Live, and they told him the good (?) news. His reaction was remarkably chill: "That's crazy, man…I mean I don't really know. I just know that there's gonna be people that make stuff up, and you know I'm definitely a target." Despite valiant efforts on the part of his interviewers, the little drummer boy didn't give up any more than that—though he did manage to get in a few very unsubtle plugs for his Christmas album. It's a relief that this whole thing is probably donzo, but you have to admit it's a little sad that we'll be denied the chance to see Justin star in the inevitable reality show about raising his love child while he is still basically a child himself, which would have obviously been called Leave It To Bieber. (Oof. I'll see myself out...) [TMZ]
I have no idea what I'm going to buy Beyoncé at the baby shower because Jay is going to buy that little girl every single thing possible. She won't be spoilt but she will be very well looked-after.
No doubt, but let us keep our fingers crossed that the same will hold true for Rowland. It'd be a shame if letting this secret slip got her banned from the baby's 2200-square foot nursery for life. [Bossip]
- Jennifer Aniston appears to have a weakness (just one): she is having a hard time quitting smoking and might get hypnosis to help her kick the habit. That is SO weird, because for most people giving up cigarettes is like the easiest thing in the world! [Showbiz Spy]
- Taylor Swift has a new kitten named Meredith. Brace yourselves before you look at her picture because this creature is so cute that you'll probably want to steal it and do nothing but pet those adorable little folded over ears for the rest of your life. [MTV]
- Chaz Bono is threatening to sue the National Enquirer after they claimed that he'll "die within four years because of purported health issues stemming from his gender transition." The magazine has suggested that Chaz is at high risk of death because of "obesity, testosterone supplements, and high suicide rates among transgendered people." That claim would probably be more scientific if they'd arrived at it using one of those apps that predicts your death date based on your answers to random questions like, "Do you like lasagna?" [E! Online]
- Lindsay Lohan's delightful mother, Dina, has put all of our fears about her daughter's Playboy photo shoot to rest, assuring us, "It will be tastefully done." That means a lot coming from such a world-renowned arbiter of taste. [Us Weekly]
- Amy Winehouse might have led a wild life, but even she had her limits. In an interview, the late singer's mother Janis revealed that while she struggled with alcoholism, Amy refused to drink around her family: "She could go for weeks without having a drink, but then she'd fall off the wagon. She was like a little girl who just couldn't resist putting her finger in the fan, even though she knew it was dangerous. But she never drank in front of me. She loved and respected her family too much for that." [New York Post]
- For those of you who keep detailed spreadsheets tracking which celebrities have passports from which countries, you should know that Ricky Martin and Benicio del Toro have both been granted Spanish citizenship. The singer and actor are both Puerto Rican and will still retain their U.S. citizenship. Apparently they both asked to be recognized as Spanish citizens, but it's not clear why. Maybe because Spain is beautiful and has delicious food? [AP]
- Alert President Obama! Ben Stiller isn't that thrilled with the job he's been doing so far: "I'm disappointed that we haven't seen more bold decisions from him and a willingness, I think, to maybe stick to more of what he had, in his campaign, had said in terms of what he was willing to do." Easy for you to say, dude. Though Stiller concedes that Obama does have a very a tough job—one that he thankfully says he doesn't want for himself. It's a relief that we'll never have to see a "Zoolander for President" commercial. [Politico]
- As if we needed further proof that everything Steve Jobs touched sells like crazy, his biography, written by Walter Isaacson, has landed at the top of the bestseller list. [Reuters]
- Former model Christy Turlington Burns will be running in the New York City Marathon this Sunday. The 42-year-old mother of two is running to raise money for Every Mother Counts, a maternal health charity. [NYDN]
- Some sad news for fans of over-the-top metal bands, Cory Smoot, aka Flattus Maximus, the lead guitarist of Gwar was found dead in the band's tour bus on Thursday. No word yet on the cause of death. [E! Online]