Plenty of his famous friends showed up to pay tribute to Michael Jackson at a concert held in honor of the late singer in Wales. Jamie Foxx, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce, Smokey Robinson, and many others performed, but Jennifer Hudson—who'd been scheduled to appear—cancelled at the last minute, citing "major production issues."
Even with all the celebs around, it was Jackson's kids who made the biggest impression. They took the stage, which of course was shaped like a glove, at one point during the show. Paris wore a replica of her dad's famous "Thriller" jacket, and said, "We're very happy to be here on this special night to honor our father."
Lots of other Jackson family members were also on hand, but Janet, Jermaine, and Randy skipped the event because they felt it shouldn't be held at the same time as Conrad Murray's trial. [US Weekly; E! Online]
- Get ready, America! Prince Harry is here, and he's ready to party. While in the area for helicopter training, he and 20 friends hit the town Friday night in San Diego. They drank vodka and Red Bull, they watched rugby, and they sat near a rooftop pool. Wild times. [US Weekly]
- Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher went to religious services on Friday night at the Kabbalah Centre in LA, and they even touched each other while there! Either they are still together, or they are really desperate to make us think they are. You be the judge.
- Did Justin Bieber buy a white tiger while he was in Brazil? He tweeted that he did, but he might have just been joking—or not. Does it even matter? Maybe just the idea of Justin Bieber cuddling with a white tiger is enough. [E! Online]
- Zsa Zsa Gabor was rushed to the hospital last night after she developed a fever and fell unconscious, but she appears to be more stable this morning. [Yahoo!]
- A bespectacled Jake Gyllenhaal spent Yom Kippur in New York with his family. [Just Jared]
- Channing Tatum was either in a bar fight or near a bar fight and had to be pulled away by security. [TMZ]
- Instead of living in the dorms with her fellow NYU students, Dakota Fanning will be spending her college years enjoying a fancy Manhattan apartment that she's renting for a mere $8,400 a month. Apparently John Mayer is her new neighbor, which can only lead to good things. [E! Online]
- Rihanna might have a new man in her life. British boxer—and model—Dudley O'Shaughnessy appeared in the video for her single, "We Found Love," and now the two have been seen out on the town together in London. Plenty of rain there, so we can only hope that she'll let him stand under her umbrella-ella-ella-ay-ay-ay. [People]
- "That was a really big discussion. We took weeks to decide if we were going to film it or not, but I felt like my fans - everyone that has gone on this journey with me, seeing different relationships that I've been in - would feel cheated if I didn't film it." —Kim Kardashian explains that she filmed her wedding for us, and we couldn't be more grateful, Kim. For realz. [Digital Spy]
- "I kept having doors slammed in my face, I felt like nothing was working. I had moved out on my own, and here I was thinking I'd have to go home. It was just one dead end after another. At one point, I was, like, ‘What would happen if I just didn't wake up?' That's how I felt. Like maybe I should just take my life?'" —Nicki Minaj opened up to Cosmo about the difficult times she faced before she became a megastar. [ONTD]
- "It's like really awkward, but really cute. My brother Derek does a better impression." —Julianne Hough on Ryan Seacrest's dancing abilities. [Yahoo!]
- Kirsten Dunst is a German citizen—and apparently she has been for three years. Why didn't anyone tell us? Don't worry, though, she's not leaving the United States for good. She just obtained dual citizenship in Germany, where her father is from, so that she could film in Europe without any trouble. [E! Online]
- Actor Paul Sorvino was hit by a car in Manhattan, but thank goodness he appears to be okay. [TMZ]
- Former Weezer bassist Mikey Welsh was found dead in a Chicago hotel room yesterday. No word on a cause of death, but foul play is not suspected. Welsh played with Weezer from 1998 to 2001. [AP]