British Comedian Russell Brand was forced to cancel his show in Canada on Saturday after customs officials refused to let him into the country. No word on why exactly he was denied entry yesterday, but it's not the first time he's had trouble with customs. Earlier this year, Japan refused to let him in because of his criminal record. Hmm, probably tweets like this one during last night's drama aren't helping his case:
"How do you manipulate customs officials? Wasn't Hitler's father a customs officer? I'm pretty sure he was."
But even though he never managed to maneuver his way in, by the end of the evening he'd calmed down enough to get philosophical about the whole thing, tweeting:
"Tonight's Casino Rama show postponed. I'm sorry. I can't enter Canada. We must abolish the borders between our nations AND our minds."
The show will be rescheduled for a later date when, presumably, he'll have been cleared to land inside the country.
- Kanye West debuted his first fashion collection during Paris Fashion Week last night. The room was packed with his famous pals—including Anna Wintour, Lindsay Lohan, and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen—but not even the mega-star power in the room could protect him from the near-universal panning of the clothes. One critic even called him an air-quotes "designer." Ouch! [Fashionista]
- In case you were wondering how things were going between Beyoncé and Jay-Z now that she's pregnant, the answer seems to be just fine. Well, except for one little hitch: Beyoncé has developed a super powerful sense of smell—a common occurrence during pregnancy—and it's causing her to think her husband reeks: "If [something] smells bad, I smell it… My husband's fragrance, this one that I always love, I hate right now." Uh oh. He might have to start wearing Beyoncé's new fragrance, "Pulse," which she says still smells great to her. [NY Daily News]
- Actress Sara Gilbert had a sad while talking about her break-up from longtime partner Allison Adler. Grab a tissue before you watch the clip because it's actually quite touching. So much so that all the ladies of The Talk also get teary. And now we are all crying. [Hollywood Reporter]
- American Pie actor Jason Biggs and his wife, actress Jenny Mollen, have decided the world needs to know that they once orderd a couple of prostitutes to their hotel room in Vegas. Mollen is offering up the entire awkward tale over at Playboy. [Huffington Post]
- Jason Lee is said to be joining the cast of the actually-quite-funny new NBC show Up All Night. Beginning in November he'll have a recurring role playing a single dad who's pursued by Maya Rudolph's amusingly ego-maniacal character. [Entertainment Weekly]
- Elizabeth Hurley is engaged to her boyfriend of ten months, Australian cricket player Shane Warne. This will be the 42-year-old's second trip down the aisle. Her divorce from Arun Nayar became final in June. [US Weekly]
- Last night Kiss rocker Gene Simmons married his longtime girlfriend Shannon Tweed, an actress who is refreshingly close to being the same age as he is. (He's 62; she's 54.) [Yahoo! News]
- A court has ruled that Terminator star Edward Furlong owes his ex-wife Rachael Kneeland over $15,000 in back child support payments. But back in January, Furlong said he is "completely broke," so he probably won't be paying her anytime soon. [TMZ]
- Turn off your DVRs and throw them out the window because White House party crasher and all-around strange dude Tareq Salahi is supposedly pitching a reality show in which ladies compete for the chance to date him. Of course, it will be called Seducing Salahi. [TMZ]
- Jennifer Garner is pregnant and yet she still manages to do things like work and run errands. Will wonders never cease? [Huffington Post]
- Pippa Middleton, a Spice Girl, and Prince William's ex-girlfriend all wore similar red dresses with plunging necklines to a charity boxing event in London, and yet no fights ensued. [Daily Mail]