Filmmaker Sofia Coppola and longtime boyfriend and Phoenix singer Thomas Mars were married in a small ceremony in Italy yesterday.
Sofia's father, Francis Ford Coppola, was in attendance as were Johnny Depp and George Lucas —all of whom could make a wedding in a storage closet seem pretty mind-blowing.
The bride wore a "lavender gown custom-designed by Azzedine Alaia," a designer whose name I recognize only because Alicia Silverstone's Cher Horowitz tipped me off in 1995.
Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine has taken a brave(?) stand against the MTV VMAs:
"the VMA's. one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music. I'm drawing a line in the sand. fuck you VMA's," Levine wrote.
It was a statement he did not regret.
"still waiting to have my 'jerry macguire mission statement moment of deep regret...' not happening. phew!" he soon wrote.
"First of all, to say I came out implies that I was once in. Let me be straight about that-no pun intended [laughs]-I never came out from anywhere. I don't think the producers and directors I've worked with care one way or another...I don't want to be labeled as one thing or another. In the past I've had successful relationships with men, and now I'm in this successful relationship with a woman. When it comes to love I am totally open. I don't want to be put into a category, as in 'I'm this' or 'I'm that.'" —Playboy Club star Amber Heard on her three-year relationship with artist Tasya van Ree.
- Jake Gyllenhaal's exes Taylor Swift and Reese Witherspoon met up for lunch to "bond." Witherspoon even gave Swift a ride home. Cute.
- The cast of Jersey Shore fled Hurricane Irene in a private jet. Naturally. [Yahoo]
- ‘Glee' star Darren Criss either has a very large pistol in his sweatpants or he's just happy to see you. [ONTD]
- "Joss is a fanboy. I think that Joss is going to protect the franchise by staying true to the characters' integrity." —Scarlett Johansson on Joss Whedon's take on the upcoming Marvel Studios film The Avengers. [DigitalSpy]
- Nothing says romance like "Beach kisses!" am I right, LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian? Also, is "beach kisses" a thing now? [Buzznet]