After three years of dating, Derek Jeter and Minka Kelly have called off their relationship. A source close to the pair says "They care about each other and it was amicable," and that "They're still friends." Minka is currently busy filming the Drew Barrymore-produced revamp of Charlie's Angels in Miami, while Jeter has been keeping busy chasing his 3,000th hit (and beyond). This is a good day for Yankee fans — or at least the fans who sit behind third base, who now don't have to feel bad about drooling over Jeter's butt for an entire game. [Just Jared]
Bravo is said to be negotiating an interview with Taylor Armstrong about her late husband's death. Sources say the network is hoping she'll agree to a one-hour sit-down with Andy Cohen, who we find kind of hard to imagine being 100% serious and not giggly-drunk on his late-night show. Speaking of, Watch What Happens Live hasn't been on since Russell Armstrong's death, has it? [Page Six]
If Britney Spears wasn't a pop star, she would be a teacher specializing in history. Why? She says, "I love kids, and even in what I do now one of my favorite parts of my day is getting to meet my fans before the show. Especially the little ones. They are always so cute." She continued, "I'm very strong in the way I raise my kids and stuff. So [even if I weren't famous] it would probably be pretty much the same." [Pop Justice via Us]
If you ever wondered how Tyra Banks would pose for a photo backstage at Cirque du Soliel, this is it. But hey, that doesn't look like smizing! It's more like crazy-eye-ing. Is that a new thing for Modelland, or just general fierceness? We can't keep up. [Gossip Center via ONTD]
Paul Rudd and Adam Scott have been BFFs, forever — or at least since college. They spoke with BlackBook about what it's like when the two of 'em hang out:
AS: We had dinner together with our families last night—our wives are friends, our kids play with each other-but after dinner I was driving back past Paul's old apartment and laughing about how many times we'd go back there at, like, four in the morning and play music. It was such a shit-hole. But we were happy listening to music so loud and staying up late just so drunk.
AS: Air guitaring.
Ashlee Simpson is reportedly drunk-dialing estranged husband Pete Wentz. A "pal of the bassist" says "Ashlee was telling Pete how much she misses him and wants him back." But too bad for her, the friend says — "He will never go back to her. He's in a good place." [Celebitchy]
Sinead O'Connor is horny. No, really! She posted on her website yesterday that she is "desperate need of a very sweet sex-starved man." But wait, it gets better: she continues through a list of requirements that are really quite specific. Here's a few:
- He must be no younger than 44.
- Must not be named Brian or Nigel.
- I like me a hairy man so buffed and/or waxed need not apply.
- No hair gel. No hair dryer use. No hair dye.
- Stubble is a non-negotiable must. Any removal of stubble would be upsetting for me.
- Has to like his mother. Has to like his ex and or mother/s of his children.
- Has to live in own place.
- Pippa Middleton is having a "trial marriage" with her on-again-off-again boyfriend Alex Loudon! This supposedly means that they've moved in together to "find out how they cope with living together" — or as the rest of us might think of it, shacking up. [Celebitchy]
- Alec Baldwin got on Twitter last night to contradict what the NY Post said about his new girlfriend being 26 years old: "How many friggin' times I gotta say it? 27. She's 27. Jeez." That one year makes all the difference now doesn't it? [@AlecBaldwin]
- Of course photos of Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries making out on their honeymoon already exist. [Pop Sugar]
- David Arquette will reportedly be winning America's affection back on this season of Dancing With The Stars. Sources say he met his partner, Kym Johnson, at the dance studio for their first rehearsal yesterday. And speaking of Kims, RHOBH's Kim Richards is said to be signed to appear on this season of DTWS as well. [TMZ]
- Happy Birthday, Kristen Wiig: the SNL comedian celebrated her 38th year on the set of Imogene, where she'll play a writer who fakes a suicide to win back her boyfriend. The cast surprised her with 100 donuts, and her co-stars (Matt Dillon, Annette Benning, and Darren Criss) serenaded her with the Happy Birthday song. [Page Six]
- Another day, another actress nixed from a movie role due to her pregnancy: Olivia Wilde is rumored to be replacing Jennifer Garner in the upcoming dark comedy/thriller Better Living Through Chemistry. [ONTD]
- Rafael Nadal looks smokin' hot as the new face of Emporio Armani. [Design Scene]
- John Madison Holmes, father to RHONJ's Ashley Holmes and ex-husband to Jacqueline Laurita, has been arrested for arson, insurance fraud, and money laundering. [Radar]
- In Bachelor-related news, Ashley and JP are "enjoying their honeymoon phase" living together in New York City. Vienna and Casey have also moved in together but as much as they might be enjoying it, we really just find them annoying. [Us, Us]
- BREAKING: Jennifer Lopez has a wedgie. [World Of Wonder]
- Leonardo DiCaprio is rumored to be courting Blake Lively's dad, as well. He showed up for his birthday with a gift and "Blake's father loved it." Naturally. [Us]
- Miranda Cosgrove underwent surgery for the injuries she sustained from her tour bus crash. She is now recovering at her home. [Contact Music]
- Yeah, now that you mention it, Gerard Butler does look totally different now. And hanging out with Regis Philbin, no less! [Best Week Ever]
- Montel Williams has sent a cease-and-desist to Michaele and Tareq Salahi for using his name on the website of an upcoming charity event. [TMZ]
- Peep a few photos Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Jared Harris, and Guy Ritchie from the Sherlock Holmes 2 set. (Personally, still waiting on the BBC's Sherlock to return, but this will have to do.) [ONTD]
- Courtney Cox picked a tank-top with the wrong kind of fabric to yield the intense flash of a paparrazo's camera. Or, perhaps the right kind of fabric. You decide. [INF Daily]
- Lisa Kudrow's 13-year-old son keeps her down to earth: "He doesn't really think I am funny at all. He will say ‘Mom you are funny, but no offense, Jim Carrey is funnier'. I'll say ‘OK, no offense taken.' Then he will go on ‘And Steve Carrell, and Will Ferrell‘ and the list will go on!" [Showbiz Spy]