NBC issued a statement this week saying that Christopher Meloni, who plays Detective Stabler on Law And Order: SVU, will not be returning for the 13th season. And the news doesn't get any better from there. Mariska Hargitay will be returning to the show next season, but for a limited number of episodes.
Now, I know that all good things must come to an end (especially after 12 years), but I can't imagine the end of Benson and Stabler on Law & Order: SVU. I really cannot. Fortunately, Mariska Hargitay is able to have a little more perspective than I am on the matter:
"For the past 12 years Chris Meloni has been my partner and friend, both on screen and off. He inspired me every day with his integrity, his extraordinary talent and his commitment to the truth. I love him deeply and will miss him terribly – I'm so excited to see what he'll do next." [People]
Christina Aguilera is a huge game geek! "[I like] board games, arcade games … I have a mini arcade in my house, but it's like old school. Like Donkey Kong and Mario," she revealed.
"I hold the record for all of them so everyone that has a little gamer in them tries to come over and beat my score and I get a little competitive," she added." Dungeons and Dragons wasn't mentioned, but it's still fun to assume it's part of her obsession. [JustJared]
Pippa Middleton may have her own show on Oprah's OWN network: "Oprah is making a huge play for Pippa to star in her own reality show for OWN," a source told In Touch, while the Enquirer said Winfrey wants the younger Middleton to "host her own talk show" on the network." [Extra]
- "Jeff Conaway was a wonderful and decent man, and we will miss him. My heartfelt thoughts are with his family and loved ones at this very difficult time." —John Travolta on the loss of former Grease co-star Jeff Conaway. [PerezHilton]
- Photos of Biebs and Selena Gomez on a No Parents Allowed Hawaiian vacation (just like the one you took with your boyfriend in your teens, right??). [US]
- "It's a very old fashioned archaic kind of thing. We did it for land originally, how unromantic is that?" —Eva Mendes talks about modern marriages. [DigitalSpy]
- Hilary Duff says she misses making music and touring (and also reminds me that she used to do that). [DigitalSpy]
- "The woman gets the rough end of the stick and people end up hating her. Meanwhile, the men are in hiding when they were the married ones and the ones who are really to blame." —Divine Brown on rich and famous men who aren't blamed for their indiscretions. [TheSun]
- Sandra Bullock just purchased a $22 million Beverly Hills estate with a "stunning 270-degree view" of the ocean. [DigitalSpy]
- Jason Biggs says the American Pie cast "didn't stay in touch". But they promised! [DigitalSpy]
- Scarlett Johansson dresses up like Buster Keaton, Marlene Dietrich, and more. [JustJared]