Poor Jersey Shore cast. When will you finally find somewhere you truly belong (outside of your native city, that is)?
Alessandra Mussolini (yes, granddaughter of that Mussolini) has "been telling Italian newspapers that she is outraged that the mayor of Florence, Matteo Renzi, is allowing the cast of the "tamarri" Italians (the Italian term for what Americans call "guidos") to film in the city that birthed the Renaissance."
Mussolini has also referred to the mayor's decision to allow filming of Season 4 in the streets of Michelangelo, Galileo, and Botticelli as "pure madness" and "shameful". While the mayor has allowed the use of public land, use of the Uffizi, a renowned art museum in Florence, as well as access to other national treasures, has been expressly forbidden to the cast members and their crew.
Folks, it finally happened. Prince William and Kate Middleton are finally parents…to a baby penguin. The royal couple has adopted a baby penguin named Acorn: "Given as a wedding gift, officials at the northwest England zoo say the animal will remain in his habitat with 49 other Humbolt penguins."Hopefully the happy couple will come and see little Acorn playing in his pool very soon," a zoo spokesman said Friday."
Taylor Swift will allow fans to watch her rehearse in an effort to raise money for victims of the recent tornados. The 'Speak Now...Help Now' event, which will allow 13,000 fans to get a sneak peak at her upcoming US tour before it begins, is set to take place on May 21. [Contact Music]
- In your daily dose of Chuckles news, Charlie Sheen feels really badly that his fans weren't able to see his Two And A Half Men character kill himself. [Contact Music]
- Lindsay Lohan's community service has already begun. [Contact Music]
- "It was, but I didn't have 16 million people watching! I only had, like, 100." —Reese Witherspoon comparing her recent wedding to the royal wedding. [Digital Spy]
- Jordan Sparks' latest single "I Am Woman" will be released on May 10. Hear it here first. [Just Jared]
- "This is hometown-girl hot. I'm definitely wearing some tight jeans in this movie." —Julianna Hough talks about the upcoming Footloose remake. [Just Jared]
- In case you somehow forgot, allow Lady Gaga to remind you. She "was put on this earth to cause a ruckus". [Digital Spy]
- Justin Beiber is going to tour Japan, with or without his crew (who are reportedly refusing to accompany him). [TMZ]
- "I'm happier than I've ever been in my entire life. So I feel completely content and complete." —Rachel Zoe on being a new mom. [People]
- Will Smith may be the lead in the new Quentin Tarantino movie. [ONTD]
- Pregnant January Jones looking adorable in black glasses and a nondescript (for Betty Draper, anyway) outfit. [People]