Vince Shlomi, the infomercial star responsible for the ShamWow and SlapChop, is being sued by a former assistant who says he pressured her to have a relationship with him — and also offered to buy her eggs.
According to The Smoking Gun, Jennifer Kosinski is suing Shlomi in federal court for his alleged conduct while she was his live-in personal assistant. Among her accusations:
- He stalked her ex-boyfriend and watched her with binoculars.
- He offered to pay her to sleep in his bed.
- He also offered her $20,000 and a trip around the world for her eggs.
- He called her a "bitch" and a "cunt" because she "would not tell him the ‘secret formula' that he claims existed for her to like him in a romantic manner."
- When she wouldn't show him a text he thought was from a man, he fired her.
Kosinski is suing him for civil battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress, and seeking unspecified damages. This isn't Shlomi's first run-in with the law. In 2009, he was arrested for battery after a fight with a prostitute — he claimed she "bit his tongue and would not let go," so he punched her until she did so. He was never formally charged. Shlomi's also been a plaintiff — he sued the Farrelly brothers for allegedly plagiarizing from his film The Underground Comedy Movie, which the Times described as "a series of sketches built around subjects like masturbation, defecation, alienation, urination, necrophilia, voyeurism, casual brutality and mockery of the unfortunate." At the time, the Farrelly brothers said they'd never heard of him or his film. But now that he seems poised to become the Joe Francis of infomercials, maybe his reputation will precede him.
Model: ShamWow Guy Wanted Me As "Love Slave" [The Smoking Gun]
ShamWow Pitchman's Former Assistant Sues For 'Bizarre And Inappropriate' Behaviour [Herald Sun]