Okay, we don't know how big a purse these folks are carrying, but we love a list that ran today of green essentials to carry at all times. It got us thinking about the other essentials every purse should have:
True, HuffPo may have covered earth-friendly essentials, but what about other essentials? In our humble opinion, the following are indispensable:
- Tampons. In fact, you should have multiple tampons in multiple bags, so you don't have to move things around.
- Concealer. If you wear nothing else. Oh, and make sure it has a secure cap: grime and grit are not great beauty enhancers.
- Deodorant. Because we've all been there.
- Underwear. Can be awkward if you drop your purse on the ground, but often invaluable. For that matter, a toothbrush.
- Granola bar. Will prevent many tantrums due to low blood-sugar. Almonds are a good alternative, although if you're like some of us, will inevitably result in almonds ground into the bottom of purse.
- Matches or lighter. Yes, even if you don't smoke! Who knows when there might be a blackout? Or someone might want to do that trick with the Italian cookie wrapper. In a pinch, a lighter can also open a beer.
- Pen. Not a fountain pen, ideally. Unless you like having your hand come up from a rummage navy-blue, that is.
But then, "essential" is subjective: I have one friend who carries a flip book everywhere. Another who has those itty-bitty salt packets from delis. A third who travels with her own tea. And what are yours?