- According to researchers, some 37% of office workers believe that sleeping with the boss can help you get ahead and 34% of women in executive positions say they know someone who has slept with their boss.
These findings were part of a larger study from the Center for World-Life Policy on the role a boss can play in a woman's career. However, "despite this apparent upside for individual women, illicit sexual liaisons can often backfire and wreak serious damage in the workplace," argues Sylvia Ann Hewlett from the Harvard Business Review.
- Is sexual harassment getting weirder? It's possible, according to the Miami Herald. Fewer cases of harassment involve groping and pinching, while it appears that there are more reports of, um, non-traditional techniques. Like semen in a water bottle, or requesting female employees to wear nothing but Vaseline.
- Marina Lee was a ballerina during World War II. She was also a Nazi spy. According to old records, Lee once infiltrated the headquarters of British General Sir Claude Auchinleck, where she gathered the information necessary to bring about his defeat. She is described as "blonde, tall, with a beautiful figure, refined and languid in manner."
- Did we really need a gallery of America's hottest exterminators? No, but with the recent bed bug outbreak, maybe it's time to sing a little praise for the unsung heroes.
- And in other I can't believe this is news news: A seven-year-old bull may soon break the British record for largest bovine. Trigger stands 6-foot-five and weights 1.2 tons—and he's still growing!
- The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene reports that Big Apple men have a life expectancy of 76—a full six years less than that of a New York woman. They also found that 93% of male respondents aren't eating enough fruits and veggies, which may help explain their earlier demise.
- A Saudi cleric has been told to stop giving unauthorized edicts after he urged Muslims not to shop at Panda Supermarket because of the female cashiers. His fatwa reportedly forced the supermarket to reassign 11 of its female employees to other positions on Wednesday. Fortunately, Sheik Youssef al-Ahmed has since been reprimanded and his ban has been lifted.
- Rep Bobby Bright has come under fire this week for his "joke" about Nancy Pelosi's death. The conservative Alabama democrat said Pelosi might not be speaker next year because she "might get sick and die." Hilarious.
- A Venezuelan politician has announced plans to raffle off breast implants in order to raise funds for his campaign. Gustavo Rojas says the raffle is a "financing mechanism, nothing else." And in case you weren't clear: "It's the doctor who will do the operation, not me," he added.
[Image via Shutterstock/Prodakszyn]