Today we've got a surprisingly self-referential batch of tips. But don't blame us - we're just pulling from the overflowing #tips page. Also on your minds: "inhuman" EMTs and our favorite topics: over-sharing and feminism.
- Commenters quietlygoingmad and abackwardglance both posted this horribly sad story, about a pregnant woman who died in a coffee shop, just a few feet away from two EMTs taking a break. Instead of helping the 25-year-old women, they advised onlookers to call 911, and continued with their breakfast. The woman's mother has spoken out against the recently-suspended EMTs, calling them "very inhuman."
- lacey in ak finds herself saddened by the news that the Boys Choir of Harlem has quietly disbanded. The choir, founded in 1968, has sang at the White House for every president since Lyndon B. Johnson, but unfortunately did not survive long enough to perform for the first black president.
- Reader maryrules takes on this annoying column, from Eye Weekly about the significance of over-sharing and the failures of feminism. maryrules writes: "I'm a recovering Facebook over-sharer myself, but I don't follow how ladies blogging their 'sex dirt' translates into the most important thing we can do or how it will ultimately end the wage gap. Wha?"
- Ever wondered what Jezebel would look like if we were run by a bunch of right-wingers? Well, girl.of.your.dreams has the answer: It's Jezebel, GOP-style.
- And finally, thesciencegirl has turned four of our team into Elves, in a video that is both weird and kind of funny.
Have a good tip? We'd love to hear about it, via our tips tagpage. You can add a tip by entering a comment into the bar at the top of the page ("Let your fingers do the talking") and ending with the hashtag #tips. Reminder: We appreciate all tips, but do make sure to leave more than just a link. As with all comments, the best tips are those that get into detail and display thought, reflection, and wit.