Why waste time with whatever lame pillow talk Bill and Sookie are having when you can have scenes with Lafayette?
I think we're able to do things that perhaps a couple that weren't together would never dare try. It certainly makes those moments much easier on the crew knowing that we feel comfortable. I'm so used to having them on set when Anna and I are having a love scene that when we get home and we're in bed by ourselves, I kind of miss them.
That said, seriously? Lafayette is the most interesting character on the show. Last night, he clawed through a dead man's bloody and viscous severed leg to find an artificial joint, which he then used to bust out of the damp basement where he'd been chained to a wheel. Once out of the dungeon, Lafayette was shot in the leg by a bartender, but still managed to sass and school his undead captors, trying to convince them that instead of killing him, they ought to turn him into a go-go dancing "bad-ass vampire." (Clip above.) Please, Eric and Pam. Make it happen.
This episode also featured:
- Jason Stackhouse and friend getting all Abercrombie homoerotic competitive on each other at Fellowship of The Sun's Light Of Day camp
- A girl at the camp singing "Jesus Asked Me Out Today"
- The shirtless chiseled six-pack of Eggs
- Police officer Andy describing his dancing as looking like "an epileptic on meth"
- Sookie crying and apologizing to Jessica for inadvertently making her a vamp
- Sookie apologizing to Bill for taking Jessica to see her parents
- The quote: "Muslim Buffy with a dick"
Next week looks very Maryann-centric, which is fine, but when will we find out what happened to Miss Jeanette? And will Eric get to use Sookie to find a missing vamp in Texas?
A Candy Q&A: 'True Blood' star Stephen Moyer answers your questions [USA Today's Pop Candy]
Earlier: True Blood Recap: Questions About The Teen Vamp & Mysterious Maryann