With another day comes yet another study of the effects of abortion on women. The newest study by researchers at Johns Hopkins shows that what little hard scientific research exists on how women feel after an abortion indicates that women who have abortions don't tend to have more emotional problems than ones that don't. This is, of course, the opposite of the New Zealand study that came out this week. To help dispel any remaining confusion, we've put all the things abortion might or might not do to you are after the jump. But, so that you can play along, it's your job to separate the God's honest truth accepted by every scientist, pro-choice activist and anti-abortion advocate from the drivel.
- Abortion will cause you eternal damnation, unless you are Catholic and feel really bad, promise your priest not to do it again and say a gazillion Hail Marys.
- Abortion — and particularly multiple abortions, you libidinous, unfeeling slut — will render you infertile. It could be medical, it could be karmic retribution, no one really knows.
- Every woman that has an abortion gets breast cancer. The mere act of sucking a human baby out of your uterus causes cancer cells to start forming in your breasts and there's nothing that can be done.
- If you manage to escape God's retribution for your immoral acts and do get pregnant after an abortion, you'll likely just miscarry or have an ectopic pregnancy. If you actually manage to carry the child to term, having aborted another child, God will visit upon your new baby birth defects or low birth weight, if He doesn't just kill your baby entirely.
- You'll basically want to kill yourself from the guilt after an abortion, and will definitely have a mental breakdown from realizing the consequences of your actions. This will manifest as depression, schizophrenia, alcoholism, or Leslee Unruh.
- Abortion will cause every woman who has one to end up not pregnant.
It's so hard to separate the myths from reality sometimes, I know.
Photo via Amelee/Deviant Art
Abortion Not Seen Linked With Depression [Reuters]
Related: Abortion Myths [National Abortion Federation]
Top 10 Anti-Abortion Myths [Ask.com]
courtesy of Amelee
Abortion Myths: Fact vs. Fiction [TeenWire]
Post Abortion Syndrome [National Abortion Federation]