Apparently the English just caught wind of a super-radical idea that involves women making the first move. A female-centric website, So Feminine, has published a fascinating "10 Commandments" for women who are disinterested in playing hard to get when dating. Progressive, right? Not really! Take Commandment #2: "Don't Show You're Confident". Which is sorta at odds with Commandment #6: "Be Yourself". The entire list, after the jump.
1. Be sure you're in with a good chance: if you're in any reasonable doubt, there's a fair chance it won't work.
2. DON'T show you're confident: you don't like men who come over as cocky, right? It works the same both ways.
3. Prepare your ground: make eyes at him and make sure he does the same back. Before you go in for the kill, anticipate and plan your approach.
4. Stay natural: Like everything that's planned, it has to look spontaneous, just as if it's the first time you've ever approached a guy.
5. Think about the techniques men use: it's a great way of gauging what they like and what they expect from you.
6. Be yourself: don't try and be something you're not just to pull him. Be sexy, but be you.
7. Watch your appearance: he has to think you're gorgeous and classy right from the start. First impressions stick around!
8. BUT don't go over the top: you don't want him to think he's not good enough for you or make him feel in any way inadequate. If you try too hard it could have the opposite effect and send him bolting for the door!
9. Once you're in there, remain forward: men can be intimidated by a woman coming on to them and they might not know how to react. Don't be shy about making the second or third move too!
10. BUT try and be as discreet as possible: this is the hardest bit. You have to let him think he initiated things, otherwise his male pride could take a battering.
Should Women Make The First Move - Our Ten Commandments [So Feminine]