Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard are asking their fans to boycott magazines that pay for photographs of celebrity children, joining several other celebrities who have taken a public stand against the practice.
"Please boycott magazines that run pics of 'celebrity children.' They shouldn't be punished for who their parents are," tweeted Dax. He added, "Children shouldn't be stalked #boycottusweekly #boycottstar #boycottpeople #boycottintouch #boycottboycottboycott." (In related news, the word "boycott" starts to look really weird when you see it that many times.)
Kristen Bell also voiced her opinion on Twitter: "I wont do interviews 4 entities that pay photogs to take pics of my baby anymore. I care more about my integrity & my values than my career... The 'look at the celebs kid at the park!' teaches us a disengaged vouyerism. think abt how being followed by photos all day effects THE KID." They're extremely right: it's creepy and horrifying the way paparazzi target celebrity children. Although a CA bill protecting the children of public figures was passed in September 2013, "things won't change until the consumer does," noted Bell. [Gossip Cop]
This is the most compelling case for not marrying a prince that I've ever seen: someone, somewhere has unearthed footage of an 11-year-old Kate Middleton in a school production of My Fair Lady. She does a lovely job, of course, but the rest of us probably wouldn't be so lucky.
Heidi Klum and her boyfriend/bodyguard Martin Kirsten have split up; they were dating for about a year and a half. He is also no longer her bodyguard, which makes sense. [People]
- Azealia Banks wrote several tweets expressing her frustration with "having to consult a group of old white guys about my black girl craft" and begged Sony to buy her off of Universal. [The Guardian]
- You will not believe how long this article about Jennifer Lawrence nearly walking into the men's room is. It should simply not exist. [E!]
- Dakota Fanning and her boyfriend snuggled at a Knicks game — WHAT IS IT WITH CELEBRITIES AND SNUGGLING AT KNICKS GAMES. I know you guys can all afford a hotel room. [E!]
- No one understood the"grown sexy" theme of the Bachelor wedding, which gives me a small glimmer of hope for this world. [E!]
- Sir-Mix-A-Lot, a musician renowned for one (1) song about butts, tweeted a photograph of Harry Styles peeing, pantsless, in a bush. This is a shining example of how to stay relevant in 2014 while remaining true where you came from (in this case, appreciation of butts). [Gossip Cop]
- The eyebrow connoisseur and model with whom Justin Bieber was arrested was shopping her story to talk shows for $20,000 but abruptly pulled out of all discussions after going to Panama with the Biebs. [Page Six]
- Ben Affleck says the public treated him "worse than a murderer" after Daredevil. [ONTD]
- Ariana Grande started crying on the Grammys red carpet because the paparazzi were barking too many gruff orders at her. [ONTD]
- Katy Perry and Rihanna hung out with Grimes, who was dressed like a wandering shade that haunts a boat (it goes without saying that this is a compliment). [Perez Hilton]
- Before Macklemore was famous, he wrote a rap (and a tweet!) in which he casually mentioned that he believes that the Illuminati was behind 9/11. Ok, Macklemore. [Bossip]