Hilary Duff and her husband of three years, NHL star Mike Comrie, announced today that they are amicably splitting up. Duff thanks you for your support and says that she and her ex didn't split for any particular reason except that they just didn't really want to hug and kiss each other that much anymore. They remain BFFs.
"Mike and I are sitting here,we are so appreciative for all of your kindness& well wishes. Not an easy day but we're getting thru it together," Duff tweeted.
Duff's rep sent the following statement to E! News in regards to the couple's split: "Hilary Duff and husband Mike Comrie have mutually decided to an amicable separation. They remain best friends and will continue to be in each other's lives. They are dedicated to loving and parenting their amazing son, and ask for privacy at this time."
A source close to the couple added that their separation is extremely friendly and didn't stem from any particular incident. They simply drifted apart over time, despite trying couple's therapy to fix their romance. They remain the best of friends.
Duff and Comrie have a son, Luca, who turns two in March. [E!]
Oh snerp! A pirated copy of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty has been linked to Ellen DeGeneres.
DeGeneres is hosting the 86th annual Academy Awards, which will take place March 2 and will be telecast by ABC. The Fox rep said the copy was definitely not an Oscar screener, as the studio forensically watermarks those copies differently.
Asked for comment, the executive producers of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" said they were not certain whether the copy in question was "leaked from the show or not," but said that "we are doing everything we can to find out and to make sure it never happens again."
"Our show is sent advanced screeners of movies, sitcoms, reality shows, CDs, etc. before guests appear on our show," the show's producers said. "We do everything we can to protect the content and in 11 seasons nothing has ever leaked online from our show."
If found guilty of pirating media, DeGeneres faces ONE MILLION YEARS IN PRISON. #spitballinghere #notalawyer [Variety]
Kim Kardashian is seh mahd that you guys said she Photoshopped those workout pics that she obviously Photoshopped. SHE JUST WORKS REALLY HARD, OKAY!?!? AT SQUATS! AND BREHVERY! SHE IS SEH BREHV AND KIND TO SQUAT SEH MACH FOR YOU GUYS'S'S'S THINSPIRADO AND HER BUTT IS THE BAHST WITHOUT COMPUTAHRS SO YOU CAN JUST SHAT AHHHHPPPPPP!!!!!!!
Dude, Kim, nobody is under the impression that you don't work on your body 24/7. We know you work hard on your body all the time, because working hard on your body is literally your job. And your body is very lovely and shapely and it's small in the small parts and big in the big parts and the only thing more glaringly obvious than that terrible Photoshop job is the fact that YOU SQUAT REAL HARD ALL THE TIME. It's fine. We know. You look great. We're proud of you. You don't have to trick us. Also, idea: If you worked as hard on your retouching skills as you do on your squats, you could really have the best of both worlds here. Okay, bye. [Us]
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers will play
the 1996THIS YEAR'S Superbowl halftime show, which seems like as good a reason as any to link you guys to my favorite piece of writing ever about Anthony Kiedis. [Vulture]
- Taylor Swift looked at a $12 million Greenwich Village townhouse. [E!]
- Ben Affleck was blown away by the ending of the Gone Girl movie script. [CBS]
- I didn't know that Henry Cavill and Gina Carano were a couple! I am the worst at paying attention. Anyway, apparently they adopted an Akita puppy together, which is so cute it hurts. I hope this isn't overstepping any boundaries, but a long time ago I interviewed Gina Carano over breakfast and she was the most lovely person, and it turned out we'd both gone through break-ups THE NIGHT BEFORE and then we cried together over toast. I hope that she and Henry and the puppy are happy. [LaineyGossip]
- Mark Wahlberg is trying to lose weight and he's grumpy about it. [Extra]
- Kate Moss's 16-year-old sister is a model and here's what she looks like. [E!]
- Gwyneth Paltrow might come back for Glee's 100th episode. [DigitalSpy]
- Amy Poehler says that SNL's new hires are "awesome." [Yahoo!]
- Friday. Bye.
Image via Getty.