Emma Roberts and Evan Peters (who currently star in American Horror Story together) are engaged. They've been dating since 2012; this past July, Roberts was arrested for a domestic violence incident that left Peters bloodied and with a bite mark on his body. She was released a few hours after her arrest because he refused to press charges.
Roberts' reps have said that the incident was a "misunderstanding" and that the couple "are working together to try and move past it." So maybe they've gotten counseling or anger management — still, it's unsettling (to say the least) to see an engagement uniting a couple with a history of abuse.
While the pair's reps have declined to comment, Roberts was photographed wearing what seems to be an engagement ring, and some of their friends have tweeted congratulations at them. [People]
There are whispers that Angelina Jolie is the top choice to play Nigella Lawson in an upcoming film about the TV chef that would chronicle her turbulent past year — in which Lawson divorced her former husband Charles Saatchi after he was photographed choking her in public and underwent a $1.1 million fraud trial where her past drug use was completely sensationalized.
"[Angelina] has been gripped like everyone else by all the drama surrounding Nigella these past few months and thinks she is a remarkable woman," says a source, who adds that the role is "very tempting." [NY Daily News]
Camille Grammer has won a three-year restraining order against her ex-boyfriend Dimitri Charalambopoulos, whom she alleges brutally attacked her in a hotel room while she was recovering from a hysterectomy for endometrial cancer. According to reports, the abuse lasted nearly an hour, during which time Charalambopoulos slammed her head into the headboard and covered her nose and mouth so she couldn't breathe.
"We're very happy for the way things went in court today," said her spokesman. "She's been through a rough period, and this is a bit of good news." Charalambopoulos, meanwhile, has been charged with a felony count of domestic abuse; he's due back before a judge tomorrow. It's deeply encouraging to see Grammer continue to get her life in order and get the help she needs — let's hope that justice continues to be served. [New York Daily News]
- Rihanna and Shakira, two very important women with but a single name, have a single coming out next week. [Billboard]
- Will Smith has publicly reacted to the recent death of his Fresh Prince of Bel-Air co-star James Avery. He posted a photo to his Facebook page of the show's cast with the following caption: "Some of my greatest lessons in Acting, Living and being a respectable human being came through James Avery. Every young man needs an Uncle Phil. Rest in Peace." [Bossip]
- Justin Bieber's manager Scooter Braun is engaged. Congratulations to him and his fiancee. But also, Scooter, get the stars out of your eyes and pull Bieber off of his Path of Destruction. [E!]
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams met Bachelor Juan Pablo backstage at Good Morning America and immediately fell under his spell. Juan Pablo is possibly a wizard. I will keep you updated on my suspicions as the season progresses. [HuffPo]
- Kaley Cuoco posted a video of herself getting her hair and makeup done before her surprise wedding. You will not even believe how much squawking occurs. [Gossip Cop]
- Some website made up a rumor that Kim Kardashian is secretly bald, but it is NOT TRUE. No word on whether she has square feet and spits blue. [Gossip Cop]
- Emma Watson and her boyfriend broke up last summer and no one bothered to tell you until now. [Gossip Cop]
- The tweens have outgrown Bieber. He will die if you don't clap for him. The tweens have forgotten how to clap. [Page Six]
- Kit Harrington and his one facial expression attended a lil' soiree. [ONTD]
- Shia LeBeouf is method acting as an unwashed WWII soldier who is missing a tooth (but not washing and pulling his tooth out), says a source, which is irritating his cast members because of the smell. [ONTD]
- ABSOLUTELY NOT: Billy Ray Cyrus may be recording a hip hop remix of "Achy Breaky Heart." [Radar]
- Akon's pet tigers poop a lot. Like, so much. This is a very good bit of information. [TMZ]