An Indian billboard dedicated to the memory of Nelson Mandela accidentally used a photograph of actor Morgan Freeman instead. Freeman played Mandela in the 2009 film Invictus, but the two are not, in fact, the same person (SEE PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE ABOVE)—one of them being the deceased former leader of South Africa, and the other one just being a completely different guy. Um. Oops.
An Indian billboard mourning Nelson Mandela's death has been put up in India, but a photo of actor Morgan Freeman has been mistakenly used.
The memorial to Mandela was placed in the city of Coimbatore by the side of a road.
'We should be proud that we were part of an era when they lived,' read the condolence message on the board in Tamil.
This reminds me of my 9th grade history class, when every week Mr. Anderson would put up five photos of significant historical figures/world leaders, and if you could identify all of them you got extra credit. One time he put up an easy one—Gandhi—and everyone was all smug, like, "Nailed it!" and then Mr. Anderson was all, "LOLZ, BITCHEZ! EVERYONE GETS A ZERO." Because it was actually Ben Kingsley in the movie Gandhi. To this day I am simultaneously resentful, embarrassed, and impressed with Mr. Anderson's troll-craft. [DailyMail]
- A tape has surfaced of Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson making yet another homophobic rant, in which he says that gay people are "full of murder." [Radar]
- Jamie Lynn Spears would really like you to take a look at her boyfriend's naked sleep-face. [Us]
- Tom Cruise has settled his $50 million lawsuit against the 'bloidz. [E!]
- Ozzy Osbourne says he's living on "borrowed time." :( [Express]
- Katy Perry did a three-month no-alcohol cleanse after her divorce from Russell Brand. [E!]
- Liev Schreiber went on vacation and took his top off. [JustJared]
- Kristin Cavallari reveals that THE HILLS WAS FAKE!?!!?!!?!?!? [Us]
- Steve Harvey has been cleared of child abuse charges. [TMZ]
- Will Arnett is now dating producer Erin David. [Us]
- Today is Dick Wolf's birthday. To celebrate, please enjoy the Law and Order theme played on a mandolin by some guy.
Image via Getty.