Kate Winslet has threatened to sue fathers' rights group Fathers4Justice after the organization issued an ad campaign targeting her children's living arrangements.
Winslet has three children by three different fathers and the media absolutely cannot get over it. They do not know how to deal. And now, following an interview in October's issue of Vogue in which Winslet said, "My kids don't go back and forth. None of this 50/50 time with the mums and dads – my children live with me, that is it," Fathers4Justice has issued a special, festive, Christmas-themed ad that targets and attacks her as a mother. It reads, "Kate, every child deserves a father this Christmas." Happy holidays!!
I can easily understand how the statement "My children live with me, that is it" might seem troubling — but I'm nearly certain that no one in Fathers4Justice knows Winslet personally. Thus, they have no right to cast judgment on her personal life or the way she arranges her family. Winslet's lawyers have called the ad "misleading and defamatory," and her former husband Sam Mendes told the Daily Mirror, "I can happily state this has never been a concern for me or my son. It is inappropriate for this organization to involve my family and I when they know nothing of our personal circumstances." Yup. You have no idea what you're talking about, Fathers4Justice. Bye. [Telegraph]
Some malicious interloper has launched an inept smear campaign against Lana Del Rey. Several members of the Motion Picture Academy music selection committee received a fake print-out informing them that her song "Young and Beautiful," which appeared in the critically-acclaimed Kimye Engagement, is no longer up for consideration. It is still up for consideration. Do not believe the print-out, guys. [Billboard]
In the week following Khloe Kardashian's divorce from Lamar Odom, the tabloids have already romantically linked her to at least two human beings (Matt Kemp and The Game) and engaged in plenty of gleeful speculation. And so Kardashian took to Twitter to air her grievances: "This, in and of itself, is heartbreaking and torture to my soul. Please, I don't need the extra rumors and BS right now." LEAVE KHLOE ALONE YOU MONSTERS. [NY Daily News]
- Miley Cyrus and Kellan Lutz took a plane together, but it is not a big deal because that's just the rich person version of carpooling I think. [DListed]
- Kim Basinger has signed a contract with IMG Models at the age of 60. [E!]
- Justin Bieber has confirmed that he wrote "All That Matters" about Selena Gomez, whom he loves "to this day." Ugh, remember the halcyon days of our collective youth when Justin and Selena were still in love, before Justin abandoned his pet monkey in Germany and then went on an Antics Tour of the entire world? I miss those simple times. [Gossip Cop]
- Lindsay Lohan is still NOT dating Liam Neeson's son. Stop trying to make Taken 3 happen. Taken 3 is not going to happen. [Gossip Cop]
- Paul Rudd will be playing Ant-Man. [Just Jared]
- Margot Robbie, on her very tantric sex scenes with Leonardo DiCapro: "We [had to] entice this dog to jump in the bed and bite at Leo's feet . . . so we had dog trainers at the end of the bed [with] dog treats . . . we're putting chicken liver on Leo's toes. We're in a small room, it's hot, it's sweaty, it smells like dog food." Steamy. [Page Six]
- Lupita Nyong'o made her Vogue debut (about time!) and looked absolutely stunning because duh. [People]
- Despicable sexual predator and hack Terry Richardson and his girlfriend Audrey Gelman have broken up. I hope the chilling winds of solitude pierce straight into his blackened, withered heart and cause him to feel utterly alone in this earth :) [Page Six]
- Steve Carell, like everyone with a sense of humor, hates it when you say "that's what she said." [HuffPo]
- Here is a late contender for Best Thing on the Internet 2013: Colin Farrell's Year End Hair Recap. [People]